[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Riley Power group, LLC is a full-service maintenance and capital construction services company headquartered in Pinehurst, NC. We work nationwide on some of the most challenging, exciting construction and maintenance projects in the industrial sector. We are currently hiring skilled Shipfitter/Fabricators – Tack & Burn for multiple positions in the Us. If you are a hardworking person who possesses the skills and ability to perform the job as outlined below, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Functions of this position may include but, are not limited to:
Four years of commercial/naval experience as a first class Shipfitter.
Please note that the essential job functions listed above are not intended to be all-encompassing. Employee may be asked to perform tasks which are not listed in this description but may also be considered essential for employment.
Qualification, education and experience requirements:
1. Single Pass Tack Welding
2. Burning-Oxygen/Propane Burning Torch
3. Heating-Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch
4. Ability to comprehend complex structural assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines
5. Ability to comprehend fractional dimensions as with the use of a ruler.
6. Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly
7. Ability to assemble structural piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner
8. Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipbuilding, steel fabrication, etc.)
9. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry
10. Use vibratory tools (grinders and needle guns)
1. Rigger/Material Handling
2. Optical instrument experience (Level, Transit)
3. Shipwright/Erect & Set experience
4. Tank Testing
5. Air Carbon Arc Gouging
6. Mobile equipment operation (JLG, Scissor Lift, etc.)
Tack Welding Qualification:
All Shipfitters will be required to pass a Single Pass Tack Welder Qualification Test upon reporting for the first day of work. This test will be:
A. Using the Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) Process
B. With MIL-10718-M (A-5A) Filler Metal of MIL-E-22200/1
C. In both the Vertical Up (3F) and Overhead (4F) positions
The Welding School will administer the following tests:
A. Single Pass Tack Weld consisting of:
· One (1) hour practice
· One (1) hour Vertical test
· One (1) hour Overhead test
B. Visual Inspection of Weld Level I
• Six (6) hours
Successful candidate must possess the willingness & ability to complete and pass all pre-employment and employment screening requirements which may include but are not limited to: medical, psychological, background and substance abuse screening(s).
Heaving lifting up to 75lbs, standing, walking, bending, crouching, kneeling, climbing, crawling, confined space work, hot work, extreme temperature exposure, chemical exposure, and radiation exposure
Citizenship/ Work Authorization Requirements
1. Proof of Identification - Driver's license or any other identification card issued by federal, state, or local government that contains a photograph and the person's name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and street address
Proof of US Citizenship (must provide one)
1. U.S. birth certificate (birth documents issued by a hospital, notifications of birth registrations; and Puerto Rico birth certificates issued before July 1, 2010 are not accepted
2. Valid, unexpired U.S. passport or U.S. passport card
3. U.S. Certificate of Citizenship or Certificate of Naturalization
4. A record of Military Processing-Armed forces of the United States (Form DD 1966), provided it reflects U.S. citizenship
RPG participates in the eVerify program.
RPG is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, criminal history, ancestry, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or discharge from military service. RPG provides its services to many clients in their various business sectors who may have physical, mental, pre-employment screening and/ or citizenship requirements. These requirements are driven by contracts and/ or security requirements that RPG is required to adhere to and which may vary between clients and their respective high-security industries. Misrepresentation or falsification of qualifications or background information is grounds for termination, denial of employment and/ or disqualification from future employment consideration.