[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
• Drives the design from conceptual phase through detailed design
• Knowledge of evaluating load and strain controlled problems
• Detailed stress analysis process procedures using FEA in particular Ansys nonlinear analysis (contact w/ friction, plasticity, large deflections, etc) to evaluate highly loaded static and rotating components
• Strength evaluation methods
• Low Cycle Fatigue evaluation using strain range
• High Cycle Fatigue evaluation using Goodman and cycle counting procedures
• Buckling analysis (nonlinear, large deflection)
• Creep Rupture analysis
• Bolted joint analysis and bolt preload definition
• Proof and Burst pressure / speed definition
• Fracture mechanics analysis (CIFS, Known Defect Method, Useful Life Method, etc.)
• System Dynamic modeling and forced response analysis using random, sine, shock environments
• Engine test instrumentation definition and data processing for production, bench, full engine qualification, etc.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline and a minimum of nine (9) years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience in stressed linear and non-linear structural analyses supporting design, development and production qualification is required in the areas of static and rotating hardware for liquid rocket engines (main combustion chamber, injector, turbomachinery, valves, ducts, mounts, nozzles, heat exchangers, etc.) air breathing hyper-sonics, or equivalent (jet engine).
Proficiency using finite element analysis tools such as ANSYS.
Requires U.S. Citizenship or status as a U.S. Person.