[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS Tech is currently seeking a Field Service Technician for our client in Charleston, SC
The Field Service Technician provides on-site support at the Air Framer for Aerospace Seats pertaining to interiors manufactured in USA, France, and Great Britain. The team of Field Service Technicians aids Air Framer / Airline customers during the build of the Aircraft specific to installation issues, damaged parts, reworking pickups, cosmetic defects, and any customer relations issues we have.
Rework areas include: Receiving, BFE, Factory and Flight line relating to all built Aircraft with client Seats product. All rework preformed at the Air Framer must adhere to client Seats drawings, specifications, and specific rework instructions.
Duties and Responsibilities (essential functions):
- Rework and stamp pickups self-identified and/or written by Air Framer and/or customer during the build of the Aircraft.
- Diagnose faulty electronic components using computer software and multi-meter successfully down to the root cause
- In a highly efficient manner, adjusts misaligned panels, trim pieces, harnesses, electrical components, factory installation issues and other various jobs.
- Create emergent removal paperwork to install / replace parts at the Air Framer.
- Sustains high-quality level of workmanship at all times.
- May train other team members in particular field expertise (paint, avionics, etc.)
- Responds promptly to all communication (telephone, etc.) with Air Framer personnel and customers.
- Maintain a good rapport with Air Framer personnel and customers.
- Follow Client/Air Framer safety guidelines or processes always established by the organization.
- Provides Air Framer assistance with part order request by following clients on-site part order process.
- Responsible for driving company van and other technicians safely around Air Framer/Client Facilities.
- Attend daily standup/tie-in meeting.
- Adhere to Air Framer/Client training requirements that relate to Flight line, Safety, and other course overviews throughout the year.
- Communicate with QA's, Engineers, Lead's, Technicians, and other key Air Framer / Client personnel daily. This includes: emailing, face to face discussions, and phone conversations.
- Performs other duties as assigned
This position will work under minimal supervision and reports to the OSS Manager daily. This position can manage complex issues, supporting Tech I and Tech II levels, and escalating to the appropriate management level as needed.
Per SSUSA policy, this position requires unrestricted work authorization as a precondition to employment. Employment sponsorship will not be considered
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.