[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS Techhasa unique and exciting career opportunity for a full-timeRadio Frequency (RF) Engineerin ourclients Chandler, Arizonafacility.
The RF Engineer will use established procedures and work under limited supervision to perform assigned tasks by working cross-functionally with Engineering, Operations, Suppliers and Customers. Provide engineering services for RF/Microwave/ Millimeter communications hardware systems for defense application including responsibility for technical proposals, prototype to production, performance, customer presentations, schedule, and cost requirements. Will have expert knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures of assigned product or program. May lead a team of engineers on assigned projects.
- End to End Systems analysis, model and simulate circuit or system performance using analytical tools, Cascade analysis of up/down converters.
- Detailed analysis and design of RF (from VHF through millimeter-wave) and mixed-signal communications hardware components, including digital receiver subsystems and exciters (front ends, IF sections, phase-lock loops, AGC loops, synthesizers, A/D and D/A conversion).
- Filter modeling, analysis, and design.
- System integration, test, and development of RF/millimeter-wave communications hardware for spaceflight.
- Investigate; evaluate new communications technologies for spaceflight applications.
- Work with interdisciplinary teams to ensure that the designs meet the customers electrical, environmental as well as internal manufacturing requirements and standards.
- Support internal concurrent design criteria.
- Functional as technical interface for customers and attend technical meetings as required, and specification development with customer.
- Translate customer specification; generate design documentation required for prototype and/or production releases as needed.
- Document new designs per established guidelines including but not limited to simulations, test circuit measurements and tolerance analysis. Provide appropriate input to the development of test procedures, fixtures, and software.
- Respond to RFQ/RFPs input & quote information relative to Engineering & Production costs.
- Any other task assigned by your supervisor or management
- Experience:2-5+ years of experience in microwave/millimeter-wave design theory component design; Experience with high reliability hardware from conceptual design through flight delivery; Experience with microwave modeling tools (i.e., Gensys, ADS, AWR, Ansoft HFSS, Ansoft Designer, Ansoft Maxwell, Matlab and AutoCAD or equivalent software.
- Knowledge:Knowledge of complex communication systems theory; Systems architecture, RF architecture, RF/Microwave circuit design; Detailed knowledge of RF and mixed-signal design techniques and technologies, including receivers, synthesizers, and transmitters; Millimeter wave Radio systems design; synthesizer design, mixers, amplifiers, PLLs, low phase noise VCOs, filters, etc., from DC > 40Ghz; Magnetic circuit analysis experience desired.
- Skill:Excellent documentation, organization and time management skills, Ability to write procedures, reports, and acceptances test; Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects through complete cycle; Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in team environment.
- Education/Certification:BS degree in Electrical Engineering
- Eligibility Requirement:This positionrequires access to Controlled Data or Information. Where the position requires such access only US persons will be considered.As a US Department of Defense contractor, we are bound by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.