[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS Tech is currently seeking a Structural Test Engineer for our client in Santa Cruz, CA
2 Direct Opportunities AND 1 Contractor (1 yr+)
Working in our clients structural test lab facility, you will prepare test procedures, assembly test setups, execute tests and analyze and report test data. The data collected during these tests will inform the companys hardware design efforts and pave the way to safe, production-ready airframes.
- Create test setups to validate the structural characteristics of primary and secondary aircraft structures (primarily composite) by working closely with the aircraft design teams to capture the nuances of aircraft design loads and operating conditions.
- Develop formal test plans, test procedures, instrumentation plans, test stand/fixture designs, data acquisition architectures, and any other necessary tools to allow for thorough and repeatable testing of specimens as discussed.
- Analyze data collected during the aforementioned tests to generate reports that will provide quantifiable feedback to the engineering teams that will allow them to optimize their designs.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of work experience in aircraft industry.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Strong analytical background.
- Hands-on attitude.
- Experience with testing of composite structures.
- Experience using sensors such as foil strain gauges, linear potentiometers, string potentiometers, accelerometers, etc. (including sensor installation).
- Fluent in data acquisition techniques, signal conditioning, and data processing techniques associated with above sensors.
- Experience with mechanical design of complex assemblies and manufacturing drawing creation, including weldments.
- Proficiency in Catia v5
- M.S./Ph.D in relevant discipline.
- Experience with industrial test laboratory environments and procedures.
- Experience with Dassault Systemes CAD, specifically using Generative Shape Design, Part Design and Assembly Design.
- Experience testing aircraft composite structures.
- Experience working with fiber optic strain gauges.
- Hands on machine shop skills using lathe, mill, welder, and other machine shop equipment.
- Aircraft homebuilding or rapid prototyping experience is a plus.
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.