[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS is seeking anCompletions Manufacturing Stress and Optimization Technical Specialist I for an open position in Savannah, GA.
- Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of our companyproducts and services
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects .
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members .
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems .
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives .
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives .
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements .
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product .
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred.
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.
- Responsibilities include taking current parts and running topology optimization simulations.
- Performing stress analysis on optimized parts for metal and composite materials to ensure requirements are met.
- Support innovative generative designs of interior furnishings and amenities to be produced with additive manufacturing for current and future aircraft.
- Collaborate closely with Additive Manufacturing group, Industrial R&D design,materials and process group and Structural AR's providing guidance and approval for new part designs and upgrades.
- Example designs include custom cabinetry such as tables, seats, ledges, credenzas, bureaus, end cabinets, galleys, lavatories, closets, and other storage compartments, interior peripheries, water/waste systems, entertainment equipment installations, and seating installations.
- Analysis is done utilizing classical hand analysis and Finite Element Modeling using ALTAIR products, optimization tools and FEMAP with Nastran.
- Must have working knowledge of additive manufacturing in polymer and preferred also with metallic.
- Understanding certification requirements based on title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (14CFR - especially Chapter I, Part 25), as it pertains to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulation procedures and the STC process as it relates to certification of Aircraft Interiors.
- Candidates should have a sufficient knowledge of AutoCAD and CATIA V5 to adequately review new and existing engineering designs. FEA experience with ALTAIR or other optimization tools required.
- Assignments are executed under the direction of the Engineering Lead or Group Head to meet Engineering, Certification and manufacturing schedules.
- Additional responsibilities are outlined in the job description and as assigned.
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.