[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS Tech Commercial is seeking candidates for an Electro-Physics Engineer/Scientist position in OKC, OK
The engineer will be responsible for performing analyses, developing test procedures, conducting tests, troubleshooting, and writing and reviewing test reports in accordance with MIL-STD-461/464 and DO-160 for various systems on a multitude of air and space platforms recognized around the world. The engineer will also provide EMI/EMC expertise to design and modification efforts of products being developed throughout the Company. This position is for an experienced Electrical Engineering professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to develop new solutions, to grow and mentor the next generation of engineers. In addition, this will guide the candidates career towards the submittal of a candidacy for a position in the Company's Technical Fellowship.
Primary job responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate, test, and verify EMI/EMC requirements with teammates, customers, and system architects through the development and sustainment of various internal systems
- Develop and mentor teammates through the development of EMI/EMC Control Plans, Test Procedures, and Test Reports
- Lead EMI/EMC analyses and implement mitigation mechanisms to assure compatibility and safety of new and existing systems and interfaces
- Lead the evaluation of supplier data and design drawings to verify and correct system design to EMI/EMC standards
- Lead EMI/EMC testing of hardware and software systems in both lab and on-aircraft environments to verify adherence to Company and FAA and/or Military requirements
- Develop your career path to become a Technical Lead Engineer (TLE), leading to becoming a Company Designated Expertand to the goal of candidacy for a position in the Company Technical Fellowship
- Support project management by tracking and reporting project status, by generating bids and requirements, and by providing work statement, budget, and schedule
- Perform Nuclear Hardening, HIRF/Lightning, RF COSITE, and Antenna Coupling analyses and test
- Coordinate, test, and verify TEMPEST requirements with teammates, customers, and system architects through the development and sustainment of various internalsystems
- Develop and mentor teammates through the development of TEMPEST Control Plans, Test Procedures, and Test Reports
- Develop and implement Test Automation for aircraft modifications
- Apply EMI engineering technology experience to document and solve complex problems
- Perform trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analyses to predict component, interconnects, and system performance and to optimize design
- Apply conversion, correction, and antenna factors to EMI/EMC analyses and test
- Work on a cross-functional support team and communicate clearly in various review boards both internally & externally
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Must possess a Bachelors degree in engineering, engineering technology, engineering physics or physics.
- Must have previous experience in the defense or aerospace industry
- Must have previous experience of MIL-STD-461/464 and/or DO-160 EMI/EMC experience
- Must be familiar with the Electromagnetic concepts (such as RF isolation, shielding, grounding, and filtering)
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time as required
- 18 or more years related work experience (Senior Consultant Level)
- An ABET accredited Bachelors degree in electrical engineering or a Masters/PhD in electrical engineering
- Active U.S. Security Clearance
- International Association for Radio, Telecommunications and Electromagnetics (iNARTE) Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Engineer Certification
- Previous experience in TEMPEST analysis, test, and requirements development
- Knowledge of digital signal processing
- Knowledge and experience establishing, designing and verifying Power Quality requirements and testing using MIL-STD-704
- Knowledge and experience generating Power Quality test procedures and test reports
- Hands-on experience with MATLAB
- Familiarity with Software tools: LTSpice, System Vision, PSPICE, MathCAD, AutoCAD, and Mentor DX Designer and Expedition
- Experience with MS Office tool suite
- Experience developing and delivering presentations (verbal and/or written) to key stakeholders
- Typical Education/Experience:
- Typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, engineering technology, engineering physics or physics. (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 20 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 18 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with typically 15 or more years' experience in an engineering classification. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.