[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS is seeking a Upholstery Tech I for an open position in Dallas, TX.
- Under moderate supervision fabricate and install upholstery, cover panels, and make simple patterns for aircraft interiors using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications.
- Perform technical upholstery functions within design, customer, FAA, and Gulfstream specifications. Specific installation and trim tasks are to be completed in compliance with work order instructions and specifications.
- Fit panels and windows, cabin head liners, upper sidewalls, lower side panels, hatch panels, windows, cut and surge carpets, cover bulkheads, fabricate various metal parts, and covering and installation of panels.
- Create carpet patterns per design drawings and complete installation.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Entry level position.
- Experience using commercial sewing machines, sergers and/or various hand tools used in upholstery and carpet trades is preferred.
- Join our team as a part of our Advanced Build teams.
- In this job you will work with a world class team of mechanics to finish out our final phase of aircraft build and delivery.
- In this role you will coordinate with multiple departments to meet customers schedules while maintaining quality.
- Previous experience in mid-cabin aircraft with aircraft systems knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Apply today to be a part of Creating & Delivering the world's finest aviation experience.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand proficiently the English language.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Ability to use measuring tools and perform basic math computations.
- Must be computer literate.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.