[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS Tech is seeking an RS Upholstery Technician IIfor an open position in Dallas, TX.
- Under minimal supervision fabricate and install upholstery, cover panels, and make simple patterns for aircraft interiors using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fabricate, using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications, cover and install flat panels and curtains.
- May sew simple covers using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications.
- Work with fabric, vinyl and leather hides, composites and other materials using specified adhesives, sewing equipment, hardware, hand tools and various power tools.
- Cut and surge carpets, cover bulkheads and cover/install panels.
- May be responsible to fabricate various metal parts, fit panels and windows, cabin head liners, upper sidewalls, lower side panels, hatch panels, and windows.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Work with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce, cost, cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Manufacturing and other process improvement techniques. .
- Use the material tracking system, Corridor, to create parts demands, track squawks and to sign-off work. .
- Comply with safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies and use personal protective equipment as required. .
- Address unsafe conditions before putting others as risk. .
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2 years experience using commercial sewing machines, sergers and/or various hand tools used in upholstery and carpet trades. preferred.
- Experience in aerospace industry.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand proficiently the English language.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Ability to use measuring tools and perform basic math computations.
- Must be computer literate.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Join our team as apart of our upholstery shop team.
- In this job you will work with a world class team of technicians in fabricating and final assembly of our final phase chairs and divans to support aircraft build and delivery.
- In this role you will do foam fabrication, leather and fabric sewing and assembly.
- Previous experience in these areas is highly encouraged.
- Apply today to be apart of creating and delivering the worlds finest aviation experience.
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.