[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS is seeking a Assembly Mechanic - Fuselage I6for an open position in Everett, WA
- Assemble, install, seal, rig, inspect, and complete precision and other structural and system components, working from drawings, documents, process specifications, quality control requirements, and established processes and procedures.
- Functional test and correct, fit form and function of assemblies and components.
- Obtain required information from prints, charts, sketches, work instructions, documents, verbal and electronic information.
- Use shop mathematics and precision measuring and or test instruments to complete work assignments and functional test assemblies and components.
- Utilize tooling in the assembly of components into sub-assemblies or end items.
- Verify work performed is per work instructions and meets process and/or engineering specification.
- Identify discrepancies found per applicable procedure.
- Ensure equipment and tool certification occurs per procedure.
- Perform routine minor machine maintenance as part of their daily work duties (e.g., where applicable, replacing machine filters, changing standard light bulbs on machines and equipment, maintaining lubrication/coolant levels, etc. as related to basic Total Preventative Maintenance duties).
- Routinely move product within the immediate manufacturing work area, including across isle, using shop assigned equipment as required, and complete transactions necessary to move product to the next operation.
- On an exception basis, move product to the next operation within a building.
- Perform work within allotted schedules.
- Support the continuous flow of product within the manufacturing process by training and assisting employees at all classificationlevels.
- Assist in the training of other assembly personnel in assembly, installation and inspections techniques.
- Cross trains in inspection and becomes SIA qualified.
- Level B Setup and operate conventional and/or Computerized Numerical Controlled (CNC) and fastening equipment of less than simultaneous 3-axis movement.
- Activities include, e.g. drive Matic processes, etc., or the employee must have the skill and knowledge to perform in one or more of the specialties listed below: Assembly/Installation of Structures Sealer Sub Assembly Additionally, the employee must have the skill and knowledge to perform one or more of the specialty skills listed below: Assembly/Installation Doors Integral Fuel Cell Sealing Precision Bench Assembly Pressure and vacuum testing
- This is a rigging position
- WORKERS MUST BE ABLE TO START ASAP!
- Workers must be able to work any shift needed.
- 5-10 years of experience (A&P license is not a requirement)
- Looking for composite Mechanic Contractors to do rework.
- Must be able to pass the Plate Test
- Experience with rigging passenger doors, cargo doors, radomes, or flight controls
- This is for 787 line.
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.