[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS Tech is currently looking for an Aircraft Stress Engineer II for our client in Everett, WA.
Direct or Temp-to-Hire Opportunity!
Stress Engineer will support design engineering and certification with regards to the mechanical evaluation during all phases of product development. Manages tasks independently with assignments provided by the Project Lead or Engineering Management. This position also provides guidance and assistance for less experienced engineering staff and interacts with different members of internal and external organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops substantiation reports (i.e. interiors, structures, damage tolerance evaluations, Weight and Balance/C.G. and/or Static Test Plans\Reports) our clients standard format and reviews and checks subject reports required to support the aircraft reconfiguration.
- Develops substantiation reports that meet the technical, schedule, and cost objectives for the program.
- Researches aircraft configurations, technical specifications, and/or Statements of Work to ensure proper interface between aircraft structure, systems, and interior products.
- Performs technical review of supplier documentation to support aircraft reconfiguration and overall system requirements.
- Participates in the development of Request for Quotation (RFQ) required to complete the reconfiguration program by providing scope and hours.
- Reviews Engineering Orders and Work Instructions for aircraft installations.
- Produces stress assignment sheets and overall stress program schedules based on program budgets.
- Reviews LOPAs and General Arrangement drawings.
- Participates in ITCM, PDR, and CDR meetings with Customer as required.
- Develops FEA models for complex component designs for structure, systems, and interiors.
- Participates in Design Reviews and Design Build Team meetings as required.
- Investigates/dispositions field discrepancy reports (DRs).
- Interfaces with purchasing, vendors, and customers leading to successful conclusion to issues.
- Advises Program Management/Project Lead on risk issues and action items.
- Coordinates and assists in implementing new processes and procedures within the Engineering department to help improve efficiency.
- Plans, reviews, organizes, and prioritizes engineering assignments to ensure completeness of tasks and maintains responsiveness to maintain aircraft, component, and engineering program schedules.
- Adheres to the processes and procedures of client..
- Leads/mentors 1-4 stress engineers and provides technical guidance to lesser experienced staff.
- Coaches others on best design practices.
- Establishes collaborative relationships to achieve objectives.
- Assists Project Lead, Project Engineer and Engineering Management with additional tasks when business needs arise.
- May require some overnight travel, being on-call, and responding to technical AOG situations during off hours.
- May be assigned to alternative shifts such as day, night, swing, and weekends to support programs or installations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven proficiency in SolidWorks and AutoCAD to review designs of details, assemblies, and installations required to support the aircraft reconfiguration.
- Proven proficiency in FEMAP (FEA) and MathCAD to complete substantiation reports required to support the aircraft reconfiguration.
- In depth knowledge of FAA and EASA compliance requirements in support of structural, mechanical systems, interior systems, and flammability to support systems and installations.
- Extensive technical knowledge of Boeing and Airbus aircraft.
- Strong working knowledge of MyBoeingFleet and AirbusWorld for OEM datasets.
- Ability to review layouts and designs to support the design teams during program reviews.
- Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally across muAltiple organizations and disciplines.
- Strong time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office Products (Excel, Word, Project, etc.).
- Show positive attitude and volunteer for various assignments in order to complete program on schedule and budget.
- Self-motivated and multi-tasker.
- Proven proficiency in understanding standard drawing architecture and provide feedback when issues are found.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Engineering or related field, with five (5) or more years of relevant aerospace experience preferred; or eight (8) years of equivalent aircraft engineering experience required.
- OEM airframe, system, and interior design practices experience preferred.
- Aircraft interior and/or VIP retrofit experience preferred.
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.