[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Title- Electrical Engineer
Duration- 6 months
Location- Cape Canaveral, FL
If interested send updated resume- firstname.lastname@example.org
• Evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering methods, techniques, procedures and criteria, using independent judgment with limited oversight. Performs electrical engineering design, including the development of single line diagrams, panel schedules, schematics, connection diagrams, load lists, etc.
• Develops material requisitions and specifications for non-standard equipment and bills of material for off-the-shelf equipment and components.
• Properly interprets and applies codes & standards and customer design requirements, for the preparation of electrical design documents, specifications, material requisitions and system descriptions related to design tasks.
• Conducts extensive document and design checking to take a full suite of electrical engineering deliverables to 100% Design Complete.
• Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
• Ensures electrical systems designs comply with all applicable installation codes, regulations and standards.
Qualifications and Skills
Basic Qualifications: Grade 25: BS degree in Electrical Engineering with 6 years of related design experience. Grade 26: BS degree in Electrical Engineering with 9 years of related design experience. This role requires a facility-specific clearance that requires U.S. Citizenship to obtain.
Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
• Proficient experience in Microsoft Office Suite programs.
• Strong knowledge & application of NEC code and ANSI/IEEE Standards.
• Strong knowledge of electrical systems, schematics and electrical equipment layouts.
• Strong understanding of engineering discipline drawings and system calculations such as short circuit and load-flow.
• Ability to size equipment and perform cable sizing calculations.
• Experience with ETAP and other industry wide electrical system design tools, such as CAD 2D, and electronic Cable Management System.
• Must be able to effectively communicate, and work well with others and within a team.
• Must be able to collaborate well with other disciplines.
• Ability to cope with conflicting deadlines, frequent interruptions and multiple tasks.
• Excellent oral & written communications skills.
• Grade 25: MS degree in Electrical Engineering with 4 years of related design experience. Grade 26: MS degree in Electrical Engineering with 7 years of related design experience. PE Registration – or in process of obtaining PE registration. Experience with SETROUTE program and be able to input and complete corrections in the data base.
• Previous and/or DOD or DOE project experience.