[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS Tech is seeking an Upholstery Technician I for an open position in Savannah, GA.
- Under moderate supervision fabricate and install upholstery, cover panels, and make simple patterns for aircraft interiors using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications
- Perform technical upholstery functions within design, customer, FAA, and our companyspecifications. Specific installation and trim tasks are to be completed in compliance with work order instructions and specifications.
- Fit panels and windows, cabin head liners, upper sidewalls, lower side panels, hatch panels, windows, cut and surge carpets, cover bulkheads, fabricate various metal parts, and covering and installation of panels.
- Create carpet patterns per design drawings and complete installation. .
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Entry level position.
- Experience using commercial sewing machines, sergers and/or various hand tools used in upholstery and carpet trades is preferred.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand proficiently the English language.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Ability to use measuring tools and perform basic math computations.
- Must be computer literate.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
Unique Skills:Let your career take flight
- Our aircraft are industry leaders and so are our people.
- We're looking for talented, motivated individuals who are ready to do innovative work, and we offer exciting career opportunities worldwide.
- Carpet experience and high attention to detail preferred.
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.