[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS Tech is currently seeking a Propulsion Test Engineer for our client in San Carlos, CA
Seeking a passionate, motivated, and experienced Sr. Test Engineer to aid in characterization, performance, environmental and reliability testing of powertrain & electronics system comprising of electric motor, inverter and related systems and/or components. This role interacts heavily with the Integrated Product Team (IPT) and leads the testing efforts on verification and validation testing activities for the propulsion system components.
- Responsible for leading overall test activities for the assigned system/ sub-system/ components by following client processes and/or procedures
- Lead discussions with cross functional team as a subject matter expert and facilitate the development team in planning and executing testing required to refine propulsion systems and/or components including but not limited to electric motor(s), inverter(s), pump, fan, radiator etc
- Work closely with Integrated Product Team (IPT) to understand testing needs, milestones & deliverables and manage associated activities using clients test processes to execute them. Work with operations team to understand test capacity, manage priorities and communicate schedule to key stakeholders.
- Author and release test procedures for development testing, acceptance testing, qualification testing & certification testing for powertrain and electronics systems and/or components
- Co-ordinate with reliability test engineer to define appropriate test profiles for demonstrating reliability of systems and/or components. Develop new and novel testing methodologies in support of product development
- Develop test stand requirements to support product testing and work with equipment design team to ensure appropriate test capabilities are adequate to support product development process
- Define and procure (as needed) test enabling support hardware/ software as needed to execute product testing
- Develop LabView/Python scripts for test automation and in-situ data collection. Assist technician in test setups, execution of tests as needed on test equipment (test platforms, chambers, shakers, test benches etc). Mentor engineer in best practices on test management
- Participate in failure and Root Cause Analysis of sub-systems and components used in powertrain and electronics system (from validation, reliability, and/or field testing)
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related discipline is required. M.S. in Electrical Engineering or related discipline preferred.
- 5+ Experience in propulsion HV electric motor/ inverter testing specifically around integration or development testing is required
- Practical experience with complicated test equipment such as a dyno and its related equipment is a must
- Knowledge or experience with environmental and durability testing and related accelerated test methodologies especially in electrical or electromechanical devices is required
- Expertise in using Python/ MATLAB/ NI Diadem to aid in data collection and analysis
- Practical experience in using miscellaneous lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, NI DAQ systems, power analyzers, power supplies etc
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous and fast paced environment
- Be agile and adapt to evolving requirements and change in directions
- Ability to travel to external test sites locations as needed
- Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
- Knowledge on aerospace requirements and standards like DO-160 is preferred but not required.
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.