[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS Tech is currently seeking a Thermal Test Engineer for our client in San Carlos, CA
Seeking a passionate, motivated, and hands-on Test Engineer to aid in characterization, performance, environmental and reliability testing of environmental control system consisting of various cabin air/ thermal management subsystems.This role supports the Integrated Product Team (IPT) and leads the testing efforts on verification and validation testing activities for those propulsion systems.
- Responsible for leading overall test activities for the assigned system/ sub-system/ components by following client processes and/or procedures
- Lead discussions with cross functional team as a subject matter expert and facilitate the development team in planning and executing testing required to refine propulsion systems and/or components including but not limited to refrigeration systems, Cabin conditioning systems, electronic ventilation/ cooling systems etc
- Work closely with Integrated Product Team (IPT) to understand testing needs, milestones & deliverables and manage associated activities using clients test processes to execute them. Work with operations team to understand test capacity, manage priorities and communicate schedule to key stakeholders.
- Author and release test procedures for development testing, acceptance testing, qualification testing & certification testing for powertrain and electronics systems and/or components
- Co-ordinate with reliability test engineer to define appropriate test profiles for demonstrating reliability of systems and/or components. Develop new and novel testing methodologies in support of product development
- Develop test stand requirements to support product testing and work with equipment design team to ensure appropriate test capabilities are adequate to support product development process
- Define and procure (as needed) test enabling support hardware/ software as needed to execute product testing
- Develop LabView/Python scripts for test automation and in-situ data collection. Assist technician in test setups, execution of tests as needed on test equipment (test platforms, chambers, shakers, test benches etc). Mentor engineer in best practices on test management
- Participate in failure and Root Cause Analysis of sub-systems and components used in powertrain and electronics system (from validation, reliability, and/or field testing)
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related discipline is required. M.S. in Electrical Engineering or related discipline preferred.
- 5+ Experience in propulsion HV electric and electronic component specifically around thermal management devices such as Blowers/ fans/ radiator and Air conditioning devices is required
- Expertise in using Python/ MATLAB/ NI Diadem to aid in data collection and analysis
- Practical experience in using miscellaneous lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, NI DAQ systems, power analyzers, power supplies etc
- Knowledge or practical experience with refrigeration systems (HVAC) and its related equipment specifically in automotive or other similar industry is highly desired
- Practical experience with air/ fluid flow characterization including pressure drop measurement and air flow determination is a must
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous and fast paced environment
- Be agile and adapt to evolving requirements and change in directions
- Ability to travel to other Joby/ external test sites locations as needed
- Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
- Knowledge on aerospace requirements and standards like DO-160 is preferred but not required
- Experience with LV/ HV systems and associated mechanical or electrical or electronic hardware is highly desired
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.