[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS tech is currently seeking a Senior Test Equipment Design Engineer for our client in San Carlos, CA.
Being a part of this team you will help design hardware to perform development testing of flight critical system level components for VTOL electric aircraft. Work may include electrical and industrial process equipment design, with a focus on liquified gas management, vacuum equipment, and control systems. The role will involve hands-on prototyping and additionally require the implementation of industrial control systems.
- Technical focal for complex and novel high performance test systems.
- Develop mechanical and electrical equipment, including the generation of system schematics and CAD information.
- Design process industrial equipment involving liquified gas management, including multiphase states and thermal management.
- Develop robust safety interlock schemes for safe operator and testing scenarios.
- Collaborate across teams to manage integration, schedule, budget and designs efforts.
- Generate design and operator documentation.
- MS in Electrical, Power Engineering or Mechanical Engineering (or relevant discipline)
- 6+ years of work experience in relevant industry
- Strong engineering knowledge and instincts, with demonstratable experience to solve novel or difficult engineering challenges.
- Strong communication and social skills. The ability to work with many different people and manage working relationships
- Hands-on attitude
- Proficiency in Computer Aided Design, engineering drawing and electrical schematic creation
- Experience in electrical design and integration of industrial equipment in process or test equipment (both single and 3 phase, high and low voltage systems)
- Experience with control and grounding schemes, and large integrated electrical systems.
- Experience with gaseous and liquid process style industrial equipment, pressure vessels and associated thermal management and transport systems.
- PhD in relevant discipline
- 10+ years of work experience in relevant industry
- Hands on machine shop skills using lathe, mill, welder, and other machine shop equipment.
- Hands on ability to wire industrial style equipment and the experience with e-boxes to NFPA or similar standards
- Solidworks, CATIA (V5 / 3DX), AutoCad Electrical
- Aerospace test or test equipment design
- Design of automated hardware, including sensor selection and implementation
- PLC programming and controller development for industrial equipment (Beckhoff, Matlab System Modelling, Speedgoat or National Instruments Labview)
- Hardware in the loop testing
- Experience with High Voltage systems
- Experience with aircraft FAA certification processes
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.