[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS Tech is seeking a RS Upholstery Technician Sr for an open position in Dallas, TX
- Work independently to design, fabricate, and install upholstery and trim items in aircraft interiors. Assist Shop Lead by overseeing projects and providing guidance and direction to co-workers. Mentor and train other Upholstery Technicians.
- Fabricate and install seat covers, curtains and various assemblies and subassemblies.
- Interpret material specifications and design/engineering drawings to ensure finished product meets design and engineering requirements.
- Sew, fabricate, and install covers for all styles of panels in the aircraft interior while meeting safety, quality, and productivity standards and goals.
- Use the material tracking system, Corridor, to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Work with design/drawings to cut and install advanced custom design carpets with unique patterns.
- Accept Lead responsibilities when needed. Oversees projects and coordinates with Lead to delegate tasks to assigned technicians. .
- Conduct safety audits and assists team members in doing safety audits. .
- Assist in maintaining shop equipment and associated JSAs. .
- Comply with and champion Safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies and ensure the protection of aircraft interiors (PTP). .
- Mentor and train lesser skilled technicians and monitor their work to ensure they complete assigned tasks in accordance with required. levels of safety, quality and productivity. .
- Work with Lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements reduce material cost, cycle time, and labor hours using Lean Six-Sigma tools. .
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Four (4) years of experience in upholstery to include two (2) years aircraft upholstery experience.
- Advanced knowledge of upholstery and sewing processes and products and/or advance carpet knowledge including being able to install custom carpets.
- Possess a working knowledge of inspection and process specifications and terminology.
- The ability to read, write, speak, and understand proficiently the English language.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Must be computer literate.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Join our team as a part of our Advanced Build teams. In this job you will work with a world class team of mechanics to finish out our final phase of aircraft build and delivery. In this role you will do support the completions of our large cabin aircraft.(G600, G500, G650 etc.) Previous experience preferred with interior covering /installation and removals on large cabin aircraft, examples; headliners, sidewall panels, lower dado panels and Galley, lavatory and cabinets, cockpit panels trim with covering panels and working carpet layout/trimming, and buildup of substrates for the floor coverings. The advanced build team is a combined team effort utilizing personnel in various interior rolls and all candidates must be flexible to work in a team environment and position for a weekend day shift. Apply today to be a part of Creating & Delivering the world's finest aviation experience.
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.