[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS is seeking a Cabinet Finisher I for an open position in Savannah, GA.
- With direct supervision, learns and performs the basic skills and functions related to aircraft cabinet finish preparation and application processes using design and engineering drawings.
- With direct supervision learns entry-level technical skills and knowledge, regulatory requirements and tooling used in the Cabinet Finish shop. Continues to develop technical competency and problem solving abilities to allow progression to the technician level.
- Using standard safety and operating procedures, design/engineering drawings, tools and other materials (sandpaper, polishes, adhesives, solvents, masking mediums), develops proficiency in the preparation and finish of furniture. .
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Complies with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies, uses personal protective equipment; ensures aircraft interior is protected (PTP). Assists in the development and implementation of related initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Wood working, wood finishing or auto body and painting experience in a technical environment or completion of Technical Certificate in cabinet making preferred. and/or completion in current year youth apprenticeship program, in area of expertise.
- The ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be computer literate.
- Our aircraft are industry leaders and so are our people. We're looking for talented, motivated individuals who are ready to do innovative work, and we offer exciting career opportunities worldwide.
- High School Diploma or GED and valid Drivers License required.
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.