[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Title- Mechanical Engineer
Duration- 6 months plus
Location- Everett, WA
if interested send updated resume- email@example.com
A successful candidate will be the engineering representative and participate as a team member within an Integrated Project Team. The individual will be responsible for the engineering details of new customer introductions, new product development, and/or sustaining activities that include installations and top level assembly creation in NX, supporting workflows in Teamcenter, publishing parts lists, peer review of models ensuring customer requirements are met, to serve as the overall engineering design focal for their program, ensure new designs meet cost and performance targets, and the troubleshooting of issues related to field data, manufacturing pickups, and engineering errors.
• Lead the mechanical design for an integration project
• Creation of installation drawings in NX
• Creation of top level assembly models in NX
• Creation of new detailed components and subassemblies
• Creation of new design options for new customer requirements and following these designs through purchasing, testing, and operations.
• Conduct and supporting internal design reviews
• Support customer meetings as technical focal
• Publish parts lists
• Conducting peer reviews of models and drawings
• Creating design solutions to support change requests
• Updating the weight matrix of their assigned programs
• Understanding new customer requirements and how they can be met
• Coordinates with the integrated product team as the engineering representative. Other disciplines within the team include electrical engineers, stress engineers, flammability engineering, purchasing, operations and program management.
• As requires the candidate will need to support manufacturing, operations, and testing as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering from four-year College or university and five to seven years related experience and/or training in integration/interiors; or equivalent combination of education and experience in product design.
• Strong ability and proven track record of multitasking by owning several projects and running them simultaneously.
• Experience with commercial Aircraft monuments or other interior product installations.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with individuals whose first language is not English.
• Must be able to research and investigate design solutions and work independently.
• Must have relevant 3D solid modeling and drafting experience. NX is preferred; however Catia, Solidworks or other systems will also be acceptable.
• The ability to interpret 2D drawings including a good understanding of GD&T and perform tolerance stackups.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• NX (formally Unigraphics)
• Siemens Teamcenter
• Experience with interior installation/reconfigurations (integration) for Boeing & Airbus programs highly desired
• Ability to interact with high levels of internal and external management
• Able to make clear and concise customer presentations
• Experience with kaizen workshops or other lean activities
• Experience with updating or authoring standard work and processes
• Strong engineering skills including mechanisms, kinematics, kinetics, free body diagrams, and how stresses flow through a particular design.