[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS Tech Commercial is seeking candidates for aStructure & Payload Design Engineer position in Long Beach, CA.
- Develops, integrates and documents structural and interior payload system requirements to establish the system design.
- Develops, maintains and modifies structural and interior payload system and component designs, using 3-D Computer Aided Design tools and/or other design methods, to provide product definition to other engineering groups, production operations, suppliers and external customers throughout the product lifecycle.
- Leads performance, integration and analysis of tests to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
- Manages supplier development, test and production activities and coordinates with the supplier to optimize the design and achieve program goals.
- Assists with investigation of emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements.
- Works under minimal direction.
- 10+ years of experience (max not limited)
- Experience in primary structures design on Large Commercial Fleetairplanes
- Knows CATIA/ENOVIA/ PDM
- Able to create and release layouts/drawings
- Must have a min B.S Engineering Degree
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.