[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS is seeking an Structural Design Engineer, Service EngineeringContractor 3 for an open position in Savannah, GA.
- Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of Aircraft products and services
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company products.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Fundamental understanding of airframe structural design and the ability to apply such understanding to solve engineering problems.
- Experience and ability with computer aided design tools such as CCD, CATIA V4 & V5, AutoCAD, or similar.
- Experience in post-production environment or as a production MRB engineer.
- Ability to design an airframe structural repair drawing and calculate the basic static stress analysis in support of the drawing.
- Practical hands on aircraft experience and problem solving.
- Ability to effectively work with and support a multi-disciplined team of engineers, mechanics and technical personnel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with external and internal customers.
- Flexibility to move quickly from one assignment to the next and the ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously.
- Our company design engineering experience. e.g. G650, G500, G600.
- Experience in the repair of metal bonded structure.
- A working knowledge of applicable FAA regulations and the understanding of obtaining compliance with such regulations within an in-service environment.
- Experience in development of Structural Repair Manual (SRM) data.
- Experience with foreign airworthiness regulatory agencies.
- Experience with repairs that impact Airworthiness Directives.
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.