[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS Tech Commercial is seeking a Facilities Plant Engineer, in Puyallup, WA
This position is based primarily in Puyallup, Washington. However, up to 50% travel is required between the Frederickson site and our Auburn, WA site.
- Participates in and leads project teams to develop electrical conceptual designs, final designs, and cost estimates and where applicable assess the cause of failures/reduction in asset capacity using reliability tools and methods (e.g., life cycle analysis, condition-based maintenance, root cause failure methodology, mean time between failures, fault tree analysis, etc.)
- Creates and reviews electrical designs to assess compliance with customer requirements, building codes and applicable regulations, applying knowledge of construction principles and practices, and ensuring design/install results in reliable electrical infrastructure
- Participates in the electrical infrastructure business decision making process by providing input to strategic, short-term, and long-term infrastructure planning; completes studies; analyzes current conditions and future requirements; recommends capital improvements; gathers and analyzes data; and works with both internal and external customers in order to identify and assess alternatives and impacts.
- Provides data to determine improvements required resulting in asset effectiveness, availability, and maintainability, specifying reliable/cost effective solutions
- Participates in cross-functional teams to integrate the activities of multiple engineering disciplines, technicians, outside consultants and government agencies in the production or procurement of detailed design documents
- Translates customer requirements to design options with documents and estimates
- Conducts electrical contractor proposal review ensuring compliance with government/regulatory and custromer requirements.
- Participates in project teams to support maintenance and contractors for installation of and changes to building electrical distribution, equipment, utilities, and grounds
- Identifies appropriate materials, equipment, and services by applying engineering principles and methodology
- Prepares project design documents, drawings (and provides technical data for permit application, if applicable) for maintenance or contractor construction in line with facility standards and jurisdictional requirements to meet project objectives
- Ensures accuracy of drawings. Oversees review of contractor redlines.
- Resolves construction drawing and document errors ensuring adherence to facility standards, design documentation, and regulatory requirements.
- Develops and updates design standards and site-specific operating procedures in order to establish common practices
- Participates in electrical technical committee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor of Science degree or greater in electrical engineering
- 3+ years of experience using AutoCAD (or similar CAD package)
- 3+ years of experience reading & understanding engineering drawings, blueprints, schematics, and specifications
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years of experience in a electrical engineering role
- Experience with Arc Flash labeling
- Understanding of National Building Codes of Canada, and National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA) Standards
- 3+ years of experience with electrical systems including National Electrical Code, basic relay logic and high voltage systems
- 3+ years of experience applying Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA), or other similar rigorous problem/analysis/resolution, processes to engineering development and manufacturing/production efforts
- 3+ years of experience assisting with reliability processes in engineering
- 3+ years of experience in reliability and maintenance methodologies and tools
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.