[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS Tech is seeking an CabinetFinisherII for an open position in Dallas, TX
- Under general supervision, prepares and applies finishes to aircraft furniture using aircraft specifications, designs and engineering drawings with a high level of safety, quality, detail and productivity. Assists team members with greater experience to enhance techniques supportive of quality workmanship.
- Works under general supervision to prepare furniture for finish and disassembly using blueprints, aircraft specifications and design/engineering drawings.
- Performs high quality repairs to various finished surfaces in the shop and aboard aircraft. Cleans and polishes blemishes as needed to prepare the aircraft for delivery. Applies finish to furniture using spray equipment and other manual/mechanical methods.
- Uses various types of sandpapers, polishes, adhesives, masking mediums, solvents, finish materials, hand tools and various power tools to disassemble and finish furniture.
- Complies with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Uses personal protective equipment to protect aircraft interior (PTP). .
- Uses the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Works with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce, cost, cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Six-Sigma and other process improvement techniques.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2 years experience in wood finishing.
- Experience in aerospace industry preferred.
- Basic knowledge of cabinet finishing processes and products.
- Join ourteam as part of our Finish Shopteam. In this job you will work with a world class team of finish technicianto finish out the beautiful aircraft furniture. In this role you will do sanding, spraying, buffing and repairs.Previous experience in aircraft furniture completion or auto body experienceare strongly preferred.
- Apply today to be a part of Creating & Delivering the world's finest aviation experience.
- Possess a working knowledge of Gulfstream inspection and process specifications.
- The ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.