[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a RS Avionics/Elec Tech Sr in Dallas, TX.
- Provides leadership, technical expertise and guidance while performing various operational, functional tests and repairs of avionics/electronic, aircraft equipment and systems to ensure a defect free aircraft. Provides superior technical expertise in testing, troubleshooting and repairing system discrepancies to ensure minimum schedule impact. Demonstrates technical expertise and leadership by defining and implementing process changes to reduce cost and meet schedule without compromising Safety or Quality. Demonstrates the knowledge and leadership skills required. to fill in for the team leader thus ensuring that the company goals of Safety and Quality are enforced all times while adhering to daily work plans to maintain schedule requirements.
- Demonstrates superior technical skills and expertise in avionics and acft systems operational testing and troubleshooting. Provides direct training to personnel to support company cross-training goals while ensuring a safety conscience, quality oriented, skilled workforce.
- Teaches the installation and functionally testing of electrical/avionics components and systems per Engineering specifications, drawings and maintenance manuals ensuring a defect free system.
- Ensures quality and efficiency of all installations: troubleshoots and teaches troubleshooting processes/concepts to provide timely, quality repairs of malfunctioning systems.
- Demonstrates the skills and knowledge required. to effective and efficiently repair or replace defective components and wiring to ensure installations meet conformity. Demonstrates effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including splicing, soldering and pinning of wiring.
- Oversees the performance and compliance with engineering changes and modifications as required.
- Sets up and operates necessary test equipment. Conducts functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability.
- Demonstrates through diligent compliance the importance of maintaining daily logs and other paperwork. Ensures that all work performed on the acft is properly and completely documented .
- As required, pre-inspects work of others prior to submitting to inspection for approval to reduce rework and inspection time.
- Provides the knowledge and technical expertise in testing and maintaining test equipment and electronic systems and components as required.
- Enforces the company FOD program, tool control program, 5-S program and all safety regulations.
- Adapts to sudden schedule changes.
- Coordinates with other disciplines concerning projects.
- Where required, teaches the installation and functionally testing of electrical/avionics components and systems per Engineering specifications, drawings and maintenance manuals ensuring a defect free system. .
- Self inspection capability for all avionics testing functions in applicable areas. .
- In support of acft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on acft as required. .
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 6 years Six (6) years experience in an avionics/electrical career field; or two (2) years of accredited schooling in aviation electronics and four (4) years related experience.
- A & P license, FCC license or NCATT certification preferred.
- Preferred proficiency in the operation and troubleshooting of other acft systems or disciplines other than avionics, such as hydraulics, landing gear, flight controls, environmental controls or structural installations and repairs.
- APU run qualification and engine run qualification preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints and schematic diagrams.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
RS Avionics Elect Sr Tech Completions
- Join ourteam as a part of our Advanced Build teams.
- In this job you will work with a world class team of mechanics to finish out our final phase of aircraft build and delivery.
- In this role you will do support the completions of our large cabin aircraft.(G600, G500, G650 etc.)
- Previous experience preferred with Avionics checkout, Software loading, ring out /trouble shooting and interior final installation with avionics installations and removals on large cabin aircraft, examples; headliners, sidewall panels, lower dado panels and Galley, lavatory and cabinets, cockpit and cabin seat removal and installation.
- Looking for motivated, self starter individuals that are willing to build a career in the companyfamily.
- Aviation certifications are strongly preferred. The advanced build team is a combined team effort utilizing personnel in various interior rolls and all candidates must be flexible to work in a team environment and position for a weekend day shift.
- Apply today to be a part of Creating & Delivering the world's finest aviation experience.
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.