[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS is seeking aCompletions Design Engineering Checker Contractor in Appleton, WI
- Works on engineering projects containing critical problems, the solution of which requires major technological advances and extensive related development
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for an entire engineering project of major complexity within established scope .
- Makes technical decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have an important impact on extensive engineering activities .
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories and concepts based on broad expertise or unique specialized knowledge .
- Leads the development of innovative principles and ideas .
- Acts independently to determine improved methods and/or procedures to optimize technical product, cost and schedule requirements .
- Works under consultative direction; uses independent judgment to accomplish objectives .
- Develops standards and guides for diverse engineering activities .
- Conceives and plans investigation of broad areas of importance for which engineering precedents are lacking in areas critical to the program .
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 13 yrs specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Advanced degree in engineering or related curriculum preferred
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
- This is a Data Integrity engineering position in the Structural/Mechanical department for Completions Engineering.
- Responsibilities primarily involve reviewing engineering designs of new and derivative versions of interior furnishings and amenities as part of outfitting new aircraft.
- Examples include custom cabinetry such as galleys, lavatories, closets, storage compartments, interior peripheries, water/waste systems, entertainment equipment installations, and seating installations.
- The Data Integrity Engineer will review design work created using either AutoCAD or CATIA V5 and will ensure designs are consistent with company standards and accepted design methods.
- Assignments are executed under the direction of the Structural/Mechanical Engineering Lead engineer or Group Head to meet the manufacturing schedule.
- Additional responsibilities are out lined in the job description and as assigned.
- Aircraft completion experience desired.
- Catia V5 and AutoCAD experience required.
- SmarTeam experience desired.
- Strong knowledge of aircraft cabin interior mechanical design including cabinet fabrication, materials and processes is highly desired.
- Experience as an engineering checker is desired.
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.