[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS Defense, Inc. is seeking a Engineering Technician, in Palmdale, CA.Job Description:*Provides technical support to engineers on a variety of technical tasks.
*Gathers, maintains, formats, compiles, and manipulates technical data, such as laboratory or material test results and engineering design changes.
*Produces engineering documentation, reports, drawings (flow charts, block diagrams, and schematics).
*Performs detailed mathematical calculations using established formulas; preliminary analyses of data where guidelines are provided in such areas as trajectory adequacy, model dimensional consistency; and quantitative judgments concerning technical data.
*Uses personal computer in performance of analyses and development of documentation/reports.
*May conduct tests and record data to assist with engineering evaluation or analysis.
* Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED and 6 years of experience with assorted Computer-Aided Measurement Systems (C.A.M.S.) and/or Laser Tracking Interferometer or non-Interferometer Systems (FARO-LEICA-API).
* Must be familiar with multiple computer aided metrology systems such as
Laser trackers, articulated arms, scanners, 6DoF (Six Degree of Freedom) etc.
* Experience with inspection, maintenance/repair, testing and optical and mechanical alignment/adjustment of laser modules and laser tracking systems.
* Experience with calibration/compensation of instrument to ensure quality measurements.
* Experience with computer aided graphic interfaces (Verisurf X, SA and Maya matrix, Build!IT, Polyworks).
* Experience in data collection for the Validation/Verification of Tooling and Production Engineering. Coordination with Manufacturing. Engineering, Quality, and Tool Design to interpret, analyze, and advise on the data results.
* Experience with assembly tooling and/or composite tooling.
* Experience in Microsoft Office suite.
* Ability to communicate/interface with multiple levels, such as Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Tool Design to interpret, analyze, and advise on the data results.
* The ability to work on high ladders and portable platforms, ability to lift heavy objects over 35lbs., and the ability to stand for long periods of time is required.
* The ability to work 1st shift "5:00am - 3:30pm" or 2nd shift '4:12 pm - 2:42 am' and any work schedule is required.
* This position requires the ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
* Experience in 3D modeling systems (CATIA UG, V5, R22).
* Experience in reverse engineering and model building from collected data
* Ability to implement Lean Thinking in the operations and documentation of Computer-Aided Measurement Systems (C.A.M.S.).
* Knowledge of Theodolite systems, Photogrammetric laser radar systems, laser scanning systems and articulating arms.
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.