[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is seeking a Tool Engineer ll, in El Segundo, CA.Job Description:- The ideal candidate for this role will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, diverse assignments, and collaborating with internal and external customers. In this role you will design industrial tools, dies, gauges, drill & assembly jigs, fixtures, machine attachments and equipment, required for production or experimental use, considering such factors as accessibility, economy, mobility, and performance requirements.
- The candidate shall have the ability to work autonomously and in a team environment, adapt to processes and company policy while providing input or methods of process/design innovation.
- Develop tooling concepts, improving manufacturing processes to meet Customer requirements
- As principle contributor and/or leader of a task, interface with review team to assure customer satisfaction with design
- Work with the team to ensure overall program quality, delivery, and cost objectives are achieved
- Review engineering drawings and designs for manufacturability
- Support continuous improvement
- Experience with industry standard design tools including NX CAD, CATIA
- Knowledge of manufacturing, fabrication processes & machine shop practices
- Experience with drawing release criteria and related documents for:
- Completeness, clarity, and dimensional accuracy;
- Correctness of materials and processes;
- Conformity to design/drafting standards (e.g. GD&T), design specifications, and practicability;
- Economy of fabrication, assembly, and installation.
- Knowledge and application of GD&T (ASME Y14.5-2018).
- Knowledge and application of drawing weld symbols.
- Experience in design or analysis principles, processes, and tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills in managing time, projects, and resources.
- Technical attention to detail.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain and maintain a DoD SECRET security clearance & special program access
- Experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment
- Experience participating in developments projects, establishing tooling SOW & design estimates.
- Current active DOD Secret clearance with an investigation date/periodic review within the last 5 years.
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system
- Professional Engineering License
- Experience with stress analysis techniques, concepts and practices
- Experience with static & dynamic analysis and tolerance analysis.
- Experienced in structural analysis methods including NASTRAN models of metallic and composite structures, as well as hand analysis.
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.