[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Flight Test Instrument Engineer for an open position in Windsor Locks, CT
This position is for a Mechanical Test Engineer:
- Design, implement, and maintain test processes for Space Systems hardware using lean philosophies and techniques.
- Take a leadership role in driving action in the development, planning & implementation of timely and effective corrective actions for problems during product manufacturing and testing.
- This can involve testing, data analysis, and interface with all aspects of the engineering department.
- Interpretation/analysis of customer test requirements and subsequent cost estimates to support an appropriate test program.
- Responsibilities also include daily interface with Program, Manufacturing, Quality and Engineering organizations to ensure that customer committed hardware and data deliveries are consistently met.
- Support laboratory testing of Space Station hardware, Develop and validate tooling concepts, Author and maintain operation/test procedures, Preparation of standardized operation/test sheets, Defining test rig and facility requirements, Participation on program Integrated Product Development teams, Review drawings and concepts, and resolve producibility concerns.
Experience and Required Skills:
- Experience with advanced instrumentation and data acquisition systems is required.
- Knowledge of LabVIEW desired.
- Experience should also include five years working on the testing of complex mechanical systems, testing of complex mechanical systems, testing of components such as, heat exchangers, pumps, fans, & accumulators.
- Applicant must have the capability of working independently and be self-motivated.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal are required.
- Ability to proficiently operate common Microsoft Office software products is required.
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.