[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS Tech is seeking a Numerical Control Engineer III for an open position in Savannah, GA.Position Purpose:
- Under minimal supervision, perform activities related to complex numerical control (NC) programming, including machining methods, tooling concepts, and programs for NC milling machines and lathes.
- Conduct a thorough analysis of engineering drawings, tool design drawings, and/or electronic models, to determine the optimal machining methods, selection of machine tool, and material cut size. .
- Interact with planners, tool designers, engineering, and customers as required, to finalize plan.
- Develop cutter motion logic per operation sequence, selecting proper spindle speeds and feed rates.
- Perform a thorough check on all aspects of the program and verify cutter paths through the utilization of Vericut. .
- Develop operator set-up sheets for numerical control machines. .
- Develop flat pattern mylars and templates as required.
- Produce 2-D Catia tool drawings as required. .
- May act as Team Leader as required, assigning work tasks, maintaining work load schedules, and setting priorities to ensure timely completion of department goals and corporate objectives.
- Assist in training and guiding lower level engineers as needed.
- Assist in formulating Numerical Control policies, procedures, and specifications as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
As our ideal candidate, you will meet the following requirements:Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Four (4) years machining, planning, tool design, or related manufacturing experience to include 2 years of experience as numerical control engineer.
- Familiar with Mazak milling machines to include 3 axis and 5 axis preferred. Catia and Mastercam experience preferred.
- Ability to work on one of a kind parts while interfacing with shop floor for prototype and R&D parts, and Flexibility of priorities and ability to shift work schedules preferred. experience with Flow Water jets, bridgeports, aviation process and finish codes a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong knowledge of various machining and drafting methods, technical writing, and computer use.
- Ability to read and interpret complex blueprints and engineering drawings.
- Must be highly proficient with Catia modeling, drafting, and Catia NC Mill function.
- Must have demonstrated expertise and a proven track record in support of company policies and rules, and consistently meeting objectives.
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.