[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS Tech Commercial Inc is seeking Software Safety Engineers to work in Fort Worth, TX.
Software Safety contractor will be required to perform the following:
- Planning, defining and verifying Software System Safety requirements and Software Safety hazard analysis artifacts to ensure design integrity and safety.
- Work within the engineering team to ensure air vehicle safety of flight.
- Influence air vehicle design to improve system and software safety features and design.
- Perform air vehicle Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) efforts.
- Ensure effective integration of Software System Safety Engineering within the System Safety efforts through identification and analysis of potential hazards from concept definition through development, production, and product fielding.
- Develop fault management techniques to be employed by the systems complex airborne electronic hardware and software.
- Perform the necessary hazard analyses to identify potentially hazardous conditions and recommend actions that would contribute to minimizing or precluding hazards.
- Perform Software System Safety Hazard Analysis, develop analysis reports, provide validation/verification of requirements, and provide feedback to the program and customer.
- Administer Software System Safety activities on assigned engineering design teams. Interface with the customer and teammates on software safety related issues.
- Monitor, investigate, and resolve issues relative to Software System Safety Engineering.
- Represent Bell with military/industry at Software System Safety Working Groups and Aircraft Software Working Groups.
- Review Bell and supplier submitted documents relative to Software System Safety Engineering IAW AMCOM Regulation 385-17.
- Review Bell and supplier derived requirements and safety requirements IAW RTCA DO-178C and RTCA DO-254 and SAE ARP4764A.
- Provide guidance to Bell engineering teams and suppliers relative to Software System Safety Engineering.
- Maintain and implement the Software System Safety Program Plan documented
The position requirements are as follows: (Must Have List)
- Multiple levels of experience will be considered with at least 5+ years software safety engineering experience in the aerospace industry on military applications.
- Experience in development of Functional Hazard Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Software Failure
- Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis, Safety Assessment Reports and supporting safety artifacts.
- Experience with quantitative reliability and maintainability analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated Communication Skills needed to brief top-level management, customers and/or large groups on an occasional-to-frequent basis.
- Experience with MIL-STD-882E System Safety Programs and risk assessment process.
- Experience with SAE ARP4761 and safety aspects of SAE ARP4754A.
- Experience with system safety aspects of RTCA DO-178C and/or RTCA DO-254.
- Experience with either software development per RTCA DO-178C, or complex/programmable hardware development per RTCA DO-254.
- Proficiency with the following will enable successful execution of the Technical Requirements:
- Aircraft system requirements development or verification experience per SAE ARP-4754A
- Familiarity with Systems Theoretic Process Analysis (STPA)
- Familiarity with military software system safety guidance (Joint Services Software System Safety Engineering Handbook, AMCOM Regulation 385-17)
- Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), Systems Modeling Language (SysML) experience or Model Based Safety Analysis (MBSA) experience
- Familiarity with aircraft system cyber security standards and policies
- Familiarity with auto-coding tools and associated safety concerns
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.