[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is seeking candidates for a Structural Mechanic position in San Antonio, TX
This mechanic will maintain, repair and modify aircraft structures and structural components of moderate difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components, applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation, and applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as; blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
Must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft repair procedures and replacement of parts, requires broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair, must have thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers. This job requires working knowledge of technical publications. The incumbent receives technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician, will occasionally be required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks, and may be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records. Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
- Ability to perform close tolerance drilling, reaming, removal, and installation to critical support structures and fracture critical areas.
- Ability and understanding of locating blind holes necessary for installation of new structural items to existing structure.
- Perform efforts associated with sealing, painting, shimming, and preserving structure in accordance with standard repair processes.
- Demonstrate the capability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform structural modification/repair.
- Experienced in the use of tooling assemblies and fixtures for depot level modification and repair of structural parts.
- Detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required.
- Mechanic will be required to access aircraft data via computer systems and initiate on-line parts and discrepancy requests.
- Must be familiar with Hazardous Energy and Lock Out /Tag systems applications to ensure working environment is deemed safe for access and job task performance.
- Will be required to assist other team members (General Mechanics, Avionics, Electrics) in order to ensure cost/schedule targets are met.
- Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
- Must be able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays.
- Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
Ability to perform the following requirements:
- The candidate must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
- Exposure to noise, working on elevated platforms
- Use personal protective gear for face, eyes, ears, hand, and arms as required.
- Pass visual acuity and color perception tests
- Read, write, and comprehend the English language
- Handle, use, and dispose of hazardous material
- Obtain & maintain training certifications as required to support assignment responsibilities
- Occasional (1 to 3 hrs) finger manipulation
- On occasion, a 2-person lift may be necessary for weights greater than 50 lbs
- Frequent reaching overhead (3 to 6 hrs)
- Frequent walking on flat surfaces
- Frequent standing flat or uneven surfaces
- Frequent balancing on a ladder, steps, or uneven surfaces
- Occasional climbing on 3-12 ft ladders or stands
- Rotation of head/neck, sitting, crawling, squatting, bend/stoop, lying down, and operate foot controls for an extended period of time
- Occasional contact with metals
- Frequent exposure to noise
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- HS Diploma or GED
- Position requires 4+ years of experience in those duties as previously described for satisfactory performance.
- Knowledgeable in shop mathematics and practices
- Experience in working with schematics, specifications, assembly drawings and standard operating procedures.
- Proficient in computer skills including but not limited to: aircraft related systems and basic office software.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Experience with F-15/Fighter or Depot Level/Heavy Structures maintenance.
- Experience working with titanium aircraft structures.
- Operate a forklift, mobile crane, and riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
- FAA certification in Airframe and/or Power Plant license is preferred
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.