[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is seeking candidates for an Electronics Technician position in San Antonio, TX.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge to solve problems that typically cannot be solved solely by referencing manufacturers manuals or similar documents.
- Requires an understanding of the interrelationships of circuits, exercising independent judgment in performing such tasks as making circuit analyses, calculating wave forms, and tracing relationships in signal flow, using complex test instruments such as high frequency pulse generators, frequency synthesizers, distortion analyzers, and complex computer control equipment.
- Performs aircraft bench and/or flight line operational testing and troubleshooting in accordance with DOD, manufacturer, company, supplier and other directives.
- Performs assembly, installation, check-out physical characteristics, operational testing and modification of wire bundles in the testing, development and modification of aircraft in accordance with DOD, manufacturer, company, supplier and other directives.
- Responsible for the proper performance of assignments and the prudent handling of product, tools and equipment.
- Required to consult with management and peers to assess best work process.
- Will assist and train less senior employees.
- May be required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks.
- Able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
- Perform all duties of lower Avionics classifications as required to successfully accomplish assignments.
- Interpret standard work instructions, charts, tables, blueprints, wire diagrams, formulas, sketches, verbal and electronic orders, job layouts, etc. to accomplish assigned work.
- Ensure that all equipment is used in accordance with established safety and operating procedures.
- Diagnose and correct malfunctions occurring in assembly processes.
- Use any and all precision measuring instruments, gauges, tools, etc., necessary to check dimensions and conformance to quality requirements.
- Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
- Able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
- Must be familiar with Hazardous Energy and Lock Out /Tag systems applications to ensure working environment is deemed safe for access and on the job performance.
- Will be required to assist other team members (General Mechanics, Structures, Electrics) in order to ensure cost/schedule targets are met.
- Able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays.
- Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime
- The candidate must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
- Exposure to noise, working on elevated platforms
- Use personal protective gear for face, eyes, ears, hand, and arms as required.
- Pass visual acuity and color perception tests
- Read, write, and comprehend the English language
- Handle, use, and dispose of hazardous material
- Obtain & maintain training certifications as required to support assignment responsibilities
- Occasional (1 to 3 hrs) finger manipulation
- On occasion, a 2-person lift may be necessary for weights greater than 50 lbs
- Frequent reaching overhead (3 to 6 hrs)
- Frequent walking on flat surfaces
- Frequent standing flat or uneven surfaces
- Frequent balancing on a ladder, steps, or uneven surfaces
- Occasional climbing on 3-12 ft ladders or stands
- Rotation of head/neck, sitting, crawling, squatting, bend/stoop, lying down, and operate foot controls for an extended period of time
- Occasional contact with metals
- Frequent exposure to noise
- High School Diploma or GED and typically7 or more years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Position requires at least 7+ years of experience in those duties as previously described for satisfactory performance.
- Knowledgeable in shop mathematics and practices, electrical/electronic theories and avionics systems sufficient to perform assigned duties.
- Experience with F-15/Fighter or Depot Level/Modification maintenance
- Experience in working with schematics, specifications, assembly drawings and standard operating procedures
- Proficient in computer skills including but not limited to: aircraft related systems and basic office software.
- Experience with EPAWSS Modification
- Experience working with COMSEC, Radar, or Electronic Warfare Systems
- Operate a forklift, mobile crane, and riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.