[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS Tech Tech Commercial, Inc. is seeking candidates for an Assembler position in San Antonio, TX.
This position will provide critical production support to Flight line, including improving production efficiency and safety, optimizing product quality.
- Creates culture that enhances productivity, safety and a team environment.
- Works cross-functionally to identify opportunities for improvement
- Ensures LOTO (Lock Out Tag Out) book, kit and LOTO equipment are used correctly and
- Coordinates with Lead/Manager on execution and critical path of production build.
- Supervises and reviews current Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO).
- Monitors and records abnormal circumstance responses.
- Verifies Aircraft power can be safely provided to the airplane.
- Meets with the work team to evaluate where hazardous energy is to be introduced based on current work statements and disturbed systems
- Coordinates with Functional Test Subject Matter Experts.
- Coordinates hand-off and transfer with the next GC and coordinates preparation for
- possible power shut down
- Reviews status of personnel and airplane system configuration.
- Signs out of all open Control Log Sheets (X35681).
- Verifies all mechanics are signed out of active LOTOs.
- The GC may serve as PAE for all or some of the LOTOs - Only when necessary
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- A&P License required.
- 3+ years experience with Aircraft/Field Operations
- 3+ years experience within aerospace, fabrication or manufacturing
- 3+ years experience meeting quality and safety requirements or resolve technical or
- operational problems
- 3+ years experience with Systematic Problem Solving
- Must be able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years experience with CompanyProduction Systemconcepts
- 3+ years experience in a team environment
- 3+ years experience with Team Leadership (Formal/Informal)
Ability to perform the following requirements:
- The candidate must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
- Exposure to noise, working on elevated platforms
- Use personal protective gear for face, eyes, ears, hand, and arms as required.
- Pass visual acuity and color perception tests
- Experience understanding and interpreting detailed written and verbal work instructions and processes
- Handle, use, and dispose of hazardous material
- Obtain & maintain training certifications as required to support assignment responsibilities
- Occasional (1 to 3 hrs) finger manipulation
- On occasion, a 2-person lift may be necessary for weights greater than 50 lbs
- Frequent reaching overhead (3 to 6 hrs)
- Frequent walking on flat surfaces
- Frequent standing flat or uneven surfaces
- Frequent balancing on a ladder, steps, or uneven surfaces
- Occasional climbing on 3-12 ft ladders or stands
- Rotation of head/neck, sitting, crawling, squatting, bend/stoop, lying down, and operate foot controls
- Contact with metals
- Frequent exposure to noise
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.