[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PDS Tech Commercial Inc is seeking Aircraft Painters to work in Wichita, KS
- Responsible for the spray application of multiple aerospace paints on a variety of substrates and on simple to complex product configurations, including the set-up and application of primers and finish coat. Supporting responsibilities include masking, racking, turning, and sanding operations as well as equipment maintenance and paint mixing operations.
- Mix paints to match color specifications or original colors, using spatulas or power missing equipment to stir or thin paints.
- Select and apply paint according to engineering planning documents.
- Dispose of trash, scrap and hazardous waste in an appropriate manner.
- Remove grease, dirt, paint or rust from surface using abrasives, solvents, and brushes or washing tanks to prepare to apply paint.
- Spray or brush prepared surfaces with specified amounts of Alodine, primers or finish coatings per engineering planning.
- Mix ingredients to create specific finishes.
- Trim excess material.
- Use any equipment (e.g. computers or hand, power and air tools) needed to complete paint assignments.
- Perform any pickup, rework and incorporation of changes to the product as required.
- Work from prints, sketches, specifications of changes to the product as required.
- Maintain required certifications, qualifications, licenses or permits.
- Utilize precision measuring equipment (e.g. isoscopes and scales) to perform self-inspection of in-process and finished work.
- Perform routine minor maintenance on sprayers, paint guns, etc. as part of the daily work duties.
- Move product within the manufacturing work area of the shop, including across aisles, using assigned equipment and complete transactions necessary to move product to the next operation.
- Support the continuous flow of product within the manufacturing process by training and assisting employees of the same or lower classification level.
- Inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems as pertains to the paint process.
- Ensure daily logs are completed for air quality prior to paint operations.
- Utilize required safety equipment and procedures such as respirators, air hoods/masks, Tyvek suits, gloves, donning/doffing, footwear and safety eyewear.
- Compliance with governing regulations including but not limited to BAC, OSHA, FAA, Mil-Spec and customer specifications where applicable.
- They will be working as high as 40ft. Work is dependent on when we get the work so will have to work some weekends depending on when the units come in.
- Must have composite experience versus sheet metal experience.
- Must be mechanically inclined because they must load it onto the FRT (Fuselage Rotating Tool).
- Must need to work on scissor lift/fork lifts
- The training for painters is not as extensive as mechanics, they take respirator class (they must be clean shaven), paint essentials along with a med check. Plus they will need to complete the list of mandatory online training: Code of Conduct, Hazardous Waste Management, Personal Warranty, etc.
- Leval A (I4)
1. Locate application areas per the engineering planning documents to apply the final application of paints to the completed assembly or section per the work instructions and planning.
2. Complete inspection to ensure parts meet engineering standards.
3. Apply topcoat/final application per engineering planning requirements.
4. Apply DYNOL per engineering planning requirements.
- Understanding of conventional high volume/low pressure (HVLP) paint spray equipment in pressure, gravity and siphon-fed variants, as well as conventional and airless identification pots, pumps, guns.
- Aircraft or auto body painting experience.
- Painting prep to include sanding and masking.
- Two (2) years minimum related experience or equivalent technical certificate.
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.