Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Columbia, TN
Country: United States
Must be a local candidate to Columbia, TN 38402
Serves as second level support for infrastructure, enterprise applications and software development. Responds to service requests and incidents affecting the company’s IT systems. Identifies, analyzes, troubleshoots and resolves issues with the goal of preventing reoccurrences. Coordinates with other IT areas to resolve issues as needed. System Administrator hours are 7:30AM to 4:30 PM central time.
1. Problem Resolution
1. Assists Service Desk Analysts with resolving complex issues
2. Logs/Updates all calls or email requests in the approved service des database
2. Problem Prevention
1. Researches causes, tests resolutions and documents approved solutions for reoccurring issues with the intent to reduce resolution time and call volume
2. Works to resolve causes instead of symptoms
3. Promotes proper and effective use of technology resources
4. Identifies trends that may indicate a unidentified issue exists
1. System Administrators will be assigned IT projects as necessary
2. Will be responsible for communicating status of assigned projects to management
3. May be required to work with vendors as needed to complete Project tasks
1. Reviews applicable technical notes to understand on-going production issues and upcoming changes and how the companies systems maybe affected
2. Relays feedback from customers to IT management
3. Keeps peers and management informed of enterprise-wide issues, scheduled downtime and anything else that affects the IT systems
4. Keeps customers informed of resolution progress
1. Maintains the required skillset for all technology used in the supported environments
2. Seeks to continually improve interpersonal skills
Associates degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field. ITIL Foundations and Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) preferred.
Candidates preferred experience would have 5+ years’ experience in a System Administrator or Network Administrator role. Candidate must demonstrate knowledge and abilities in the following:
1. Focus – The ability to remain focused on priority tasks, despite distractions, is required. They must be dedicated to their role, team and company and understand the System Administrator role within the organization.
2. Problem Resolution – Ability to identify and resolve issues quickly and efficiently. They must understand the end to end processes. Must take ownership of issues and follow them through resolution. Resolves issues and not the symptoms.
3. Proactive Thinking – The ability to take initiative to make improvements. Anticipate customers’ needs and looks for ways to improve the customer experience by reducing issue reoccurrence.
4. Communication – Speaks clearly and demonstrates a positive attitude in every situation. Always listens and asks questions when needed. Responds in a pleasant, patient manner when dealing with stressful issues.
5. Customer Skills – The ability to interact with customers in a polite and professional manner. Is respectful and manages difficult or emotional situations well.
6. Professionalism – Uses time efficiently. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their position.
7. Teamwork – Contributes abilities to accomplish the team’s goals. Is open to new ideas, builds strong working relationship with peers and values diversity. Encourages others and gives credit to others for their accomplishments. Puts team goals ahead of personal objectives.
8. Flexibility – Handles a wide range of tasks, responds to changes in direction and priorities. Accepts new tasks, responsibilities and assignments. Able to work outside of an ordinary routine. Handles multiple tasks according to priorities.
9. Team/Company – Must be on time, be willing to work afterhours as needed, be self-motivated, have initiative and not require micro-management.
10. Technical – Must have and maintain working knowledge of:
5. Microsoft Operating Systems
7. Active Directory
8. Hardware Diagnostics
Nice to have Technology:
1. Bit9/Carbon Black
While performing job duties, the employee is occasionally required to:
• Sit for longer periods of time
• Lift at least 50 lbs.
Employee will be located in a cubicle and exposed to normal noise level in the office.
A 40 hour work week is required. Employee will receive a 30 minute lunch break and two 10 minute breaks each day.
Candidates MUST live within a 20 mile radius to the Corporate Office
279 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.