Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 39157
Green Card (not EAD) or U.S. Citizenship
All those authorized to work for any employer without sponsorship in the U.S are encouraged to apply. We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: The Softswitch Professional must be dependable and responsible to deploy, troubleshoot and maintain IP Voice Network production systems and tools. Will be the escalation point for operation teams for customer facing systems as well internal system tools deployed by IP Network Services.
Advanced knowledge/experience with network troubleshooting including LAN/WAN, Routers, PBX, Firewalls, Switches, TCP/IP preferred
 Advanced knowledge and experience troubleshooting various technologies including BGP, MPLS, T1, VRF preferred
 Ability to configure and troubleshoot Cisco and/or Adtran devices using CLI preferred
 Highly developed and effective verbal and written communication skills.
 Experience with consultation and design of small business to enterprise networks preferred.
 Familiarity with BroadWorks and Metaswitch Softswitches preferred.
A high degree of analytical and project management skills preferred. Ability to analyze issues and identify root cause to correctly resolve.
1. This will be a project orientated role that will require little supervision.
2. Responsibility for handling more complex customer problems that require in depth
knowledge of our network, systems and applications.
3. Advanced troubleshooting of SIP call flows, audio quality and network problems.
4. Manage internal and external escalations effectively, driving towards resolution
5. Investigate large scale Production impairments and conduct defect analysis upon
6. Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities in a dynamic troubleshooting environment
7. Ability to operate independent of direction while still contributing to a team
8. Create detailed technical test plans
9. Execute test plans on new product deployments prior to go to market.
10. Coordinate, execute, and document testing that may include vendors and end users
11. Support Staff mentoring and subject matter training and defect analysis as requested by
12. Must be able to communicate technical information in a manner that can be understood
by non-technical individuals clearly.
13. Strong knowledge of routing and switching
14. Lead in Operation Tool development and testing (Solarwinds, Oracle Operations
Monitor, Service Assurance Server)
15. Work closely with internal and external parties to resolve issues.
16. Coordinate efforts to diagnose and troubleshoot systemic issues amongst other teams
within Operations or in other departments.
17. Assist in process development, improvement, and documentation
18. Manage relationships with IP Network vendors
138 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.