Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: THE WOODLANDS
Country: United States
Perform the technical operation of the Consolidated Security Operations Center (CSOC), to include all facilities, tools, process and procedures, in order to provide effective execution of 24x7 monitoring operations for both physical and cyber security.
• Perform 24x7 monitoring to detect suspicious, unusual, or malicious activity and escalate it to the proper personnel through proper channels
• Status monitoring and event detection (24x7 eyes on glass) of physical and cyber monitoring systems including SIEM, AV, IPS, DLP, card access and video analytics
• Manage escalation to next tier level including to Incident Response, Security Operations, Corporate Security, and outsourcing providers
• Recommend enhancements and tuning for the security event and information management technologies
• Proactively detect and 'hunt' for network and end-point anomalies throughout the IT environment
• Coordinate with 3rd-party vendors for field equipment repair such as card reader, and door locks/contacts
• Coordinate alternative security measures with field support, Corporate Security, and 3rd-party security contractors
• Monitor privileged account usage and detect unauthorized changes, with close watch on vendor and administrative accounts
• Maintain contact and communications with business unit personnel (Transmission, Fossil, SPO, Corporate Security) regarding the detection of security events (physical and cyber)
• Monitor personnel's adherence to CIP physical security policies and procedures via video surveillance
• Monitor physical security systems to include access control systems, digital video surveillance systems, CCTV, building security, building automation, and physical intrusion detection systems.
• Tier 1 support for system issues such as device failure, application failure, etc.
• Must be a US Citizen • 5+ years of experience in Information Security, Risk Management, Infrastructure Security and Compliance
• 5+ years of physical security consulting experience or relevant equivalent in a corporate environment
• Good understanding of Security Information and Event Management concepts and hands-on experience on industry standard products.
• Experience in Operation of any SOC solutions (e.g. HP ArcSight, RSA Envision, McAfee Nitro, Alien Vault, Q1 Labs, etc.)
• Basic level of expertise in UNIX, Linux, and Windows Operating System, Complete understanding of TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, and SSL, Protocols and Port scan and Vulnerability scanning techniques should have hands on experience.
• Exploit and detection analysis skills, including ability to analyze logs for useful information and patterns, good understanding of Infrastructure Security and its impact on Security Operations, Vulnerabilities, Reporting, Analytics and Monitoring.
• Good understanding and experiences with Infrastructure Security, Risk assessment and Security Information and Event Management, understanding of frameworks such as ISO 27001/27002, COBIT, and other relevant compliance such PCI, HIPAA, SOX, FISMA, and others that are required for Security Information and Event Management.
• Experience with conducting and directing research into IT issues and products, ability to work effectively with team members and with customers and Self-motivated, with ability to manage and follow up on multiple tasks simultaneously
• Rigorous attention to detail, Analytical ability, consultative, and strong judgment, Ability to approach problems from multiple angles and find creative solutions
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, Strong understanding of Information Security concepts and trends and demonstrated commitment to customer service with excellent oral and written communication skills.
Start: As soon as possible
Duration: Approximately 11 months
Looking for Local Candidates Only
Location: The Woodlands, TX
133 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.