Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 23666
Reply to Recruiter via Text Msg: 7575315523
The CNC Programmer reports to Manufacturing Engineer and is involved with developing 3, 4 & 5 axis CNC programs and fixtures for complex parts, selection of tooling, program optimization and translate design specifications into 3D models using software such as Solidworks and MasterCAM
• Translate design requirements and specifications into 3D models
• Interact with customers and company staff during product design to ensure products meet customer and company design and manufacturability goals
• Oversee the programming projects to meet commitments and deadlines
• Maintain Program Database (rev changes, process enhancements, etc..)
• Develop CNC Programs for milling and turning operations using MasterCAM
• Configure tools and ensure efficient production
• Maintain Tool Sheet Database, create tool sheets for new part/programs.
• Work with production personnel to minimize setup time and to maximize uptime.
• Occasionally set-up and operate CNC equipment to prove out programs and machining concepts
• Analyze drawings, computer models and design data to correctly calculate part dimensions for machines, tool selection, machine speeds, feed rates and efficient tool path development
• Communicate recommendations to modify processes to improve productivity and quality
• Troubleshoot CNC machines
• Understand machine parameters and apply knowledge to create optimum tool paths for work centers capability
• Monitor output and proper operation of mechanical equipment. Make mechanical/program adjustments to ensure that parts are meeting productivity and quality requirements
• Adhere to company safety requirements
• Work alongside Shop Supervisor to ensure seamless flow and communication on the shop floor
• Comply with company Quality Management System requirements
Experience and Requirements:
• Strong CNC programming skills is required
• MasterCAM interface (3rd and 4th required & 5th axis capability a plus)
• Experience with exotic alloys
• Background in fixtures design is a strong plus
• Familiar with manufacturing process analysis and development.
• Familiar with the use of micrometers, calipers, indicators and other measuring tools for dimensional evaluation.
• Knowledge in assembly, machining, ability to read and understand drawings, quality control and safety.
• Effective verbal, written, and mathematical skills are required.
• Must be able to consistently lift 25 lbs. from the floor or table position to chest high using proper lifting technique.
• Must be able to repetitively use arms, hands, and fingers in the manipulation of parts.
• Strong shop math skills including trigonometry
• Must be able to read, evaluate and respond to product specifications, blueprints and drawings, and perform normal math calculations easily.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite, with a focus on Excel
Job Type: Full-time
• Programming: 5 years
Pay is based on knowledge and experience, to be determined after your interview.
Drug testing and standard background check are required (no felonies), you must have your own reliable transportation.
Our most experienced candidates are eligible for permanent hire after 120 days of employment.
If you have any questions or interest, call Scott now at: 757-531-5523.
If unavailable, our office number is (757)-873-5900 and Mike or Angie should be able to take your call.
We look forward to hearing from you and working with you.
CTR Group is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are selected based on qualifications and defined requirements of the job, not on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other protected status. Further, CTR Group encourages United States' Veterans and persons with disabilities to apply for positions for which they are qualified.
127 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.