Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 29801
EGS Inc. is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our Client in Aiken, SC! This is a 2 year contract opportunity and we can offer a generous benefits package OR you can choose to go into a straight contractor rate in lieu of benefits!
Because it’s a secured federal government site U.S. Citizens only and we are unable to sponsor Visa’s at this time.
If this job doesn't work for you, we do give a $500.00 referral fee for anyone that you refer and we get placed on the job!!
Send your resume as soon as possible as the deadline is Monday December 17, 2018 to Natasha@egs-partners.com or call Natasha at 803-648-1400! Hurry as you won't want to miss out on this great opportunity!
RFQ Number 432209 Senior Software Engineer
US Citizenship Required: Yes
**Candidate shall submit resume that provides objective evidence and reference to each required experience and skill qualification.
This position is to provide software development support to the Process Control & Automation Engineering (PC&AE) department. PC&AE provides process control and manufacturing systems/software to operate the Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (SRNS) facilities safely and effectively.
Work individually, on teams or lead teams to develop software solutions for site operational facilities. The types of work may include:
• Develop process modeling or computer simulations
• Develop new applications or maintain/enhance existing applications
• Provide custom interfaces with laboratory instrumentation and configuring Laboratory Information Systems (LIMS)
• Work with ORACLE or SQL Server databases
• Develop web applications in Visual Studio, .NET, C#, Java
• Convert legacy applications to web based applications
• Develop software programs that comply with site requirements and design specifications.
• Review and understand customer requirements and specifications.
• Implement and maintain internally developed web applications with a specific emphasis on maintainability, usability, performance, and scalability.
• Prepare detailed test plans and test cases, and consult with business analysts on testing options and strategies, including applicable regulatory requirements
• Analyze system requirements and identify testing strategies that maximize test coverage and/or improve system reliability and performance
• Execute and monitor testing activities and ensure they are completed as expected
• Track, report and verify software defects to ensure the resolution of issues found
• Develop and maintain new and existing automation to improve test efficiency
Required Qualifications: Education: BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Chemical Engineering with minimum of 5 years related experience.
• Working knowledge of QA methodology, testing techniques and approaches relating to desktop and web applications
• Experience with Agile methodology with a preference for Scrum Framework
• Proficiency in software architecture design
• Experience with design, coding, and deployment of applications using .NET, C#, VB.NET, and SQL
• Experience with Oracle or SQL Server databases
• Thorough understanding of network, application, and data security best practices
• Ability to troubleshoot a web-based application
• Experience with software quality assurance documentation such as development of requirements and design documents
• Experience with Automated Testing Tools
• Experience with Unit Testing
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Ability to communicate in a clear and professional manner, including the ability to explain technical details to a non-technical personnel
A 40 hour work week is scheduled. SRS utilizes various work schedules, including 5/8s (8 hours/day, 5 days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day, 4 days per week), and 9/80s (9 hours/day, 5 days on week A and 4 days on week B). Work week excludes SRNS holidays. Each work day has a 30 minute lunch.
Area Security Access:
A security clearance is not required
EGS, Inc. is a government contractor that complies with Executive Orders 11246, 13672, 13665, as well as Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended VEVRAA. As such, the term “contractor” will apply to EGS, Inc. as stated below in this policy.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with our organization’s legal duty to furnish information.
13 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.