[IT/Communications Manager] Principal Engineer/CONTAM Software Modeler
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Computer / Telecom Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
US Citizenship Required: Yes
DUTIES: Provide CONTAM software modeling support to SRNS for creating a computer model for a nuclear facility ventilation system. The engineer required shall be very experienced at generating ventilation models using CONTAM software, specifically version 22.214.171.124., being able to export data in a readily understandable format from the CONTAM software, being capable of presenting the model and data to a grouping of senior management, and being able to work in a team with various design authority engineers in the creation and manipulation of the model to meet SRNSís needs.
The system engineer shall provide technical baseline drawings and information of an existing facility ventilation system that the initial model will be generated from.
1. The modeler must have experience with modeling complicated ventilation systems and the ability to use field data to calibrate the model.
2. The model will be written using CONTAM version 126.96.36.199 software.
3. The model must be written with the ability to printout/export the run data to a file for presentations.
4. The modeler must save a copy of the baseline model and provide support to the system engineer in manipulating the model for various configurations in support of developing modification scenarios as specified by the system design authority. Each configuration must be saved and run data saved in a file that is easily identifiable to the revision of the model which generated the data.
5. Based on the project schedule it is desired that the Modeler have the capability of developing and using Iterative Convergence Routines/Scripts to assist in obtaining the final ventilation configuration for our project needs.
6. The final product to include a working model that is calibrated to ventilation system operating in the selected facility, a copy of the model that can be archived, reports showing the baseline operation of the facility, and reports of each of the modified configurations selected by the system design authority engineer.
Engineering services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
Education: BS Degree in applicable science or engineering discipline and 15 years or more of relevant experience work experience.
Candidate must demonstrate a minimum of 15 years design experience in the nuclear or process chemical industry.
Provide overall engineering and design direction, leadership, and management for assigned projects and tasks. Integrate engineering resources for assigned projects by assisting in establishing design criteria, resource forecasts, schedules, and engineering tools for engineering tasks. Provide administrative guidance to leads and managers. Responsible for overall management, scheduling, and priority of the tasks and projects assigned. Manage the administration, document control, project controls, and quality engineering sections for all assigned projects through section supervisors. Resolve conflicts between project direction and technical direction from the functional managers. Participate in department and site-wide programmatic issues resolution and quality improvements. Responsible for requesting, evaluating, and developing engineering expertise capable of achieving the objectives of the projects assigned. Review tasks of subcontractors to ensure design output meets project technical, cost, and schedule objectives. Establish baselines for design activities for all assigned projects and engineering work requests. Recommend to project manager, subcontractor authorizations for new work and changes to baselines. Evaluate project cost and schedule variances and implement corrective actions. Review cost accounts for procurement of engineered materials. Establish projects' scope of work including assuring that there are firm customer requirements developed.
Candidate must be able to perform field walk-downs.
Previous SRS Design Engineering experience and working knowledge of SRNS design processes and procedures are preferred.
Work Hours: A 40-hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Workweek excludes SRNS holidays. SRNS Management will determine best schedule depending on work needs. Each workday has a 30-minute lunch.
Area Security Access: A DOE Security Clearance is not required for this position.
E2 Consulting Engineers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.