[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Computer / Telecom Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Start date is as soon as possible.
Duration is one year with possible extensions.
Need to be located in or around Virginia.
• Experience with integration of vendor and custom applications in a large-scale corporate environment.
• Experience designing integration solutions to/from operational systems using relational databases, flat files or other methods.
• Experience with basic server administration for Windows Server and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
• Experience with Web & Application administration, including IIS, Apache, WebLogic, is a plus
• Experience with a scripting language, such as Python, Perl, and bash, is desirable.
• Experience creating and executing SQL queries for Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle Database
• Experience contributing to and supporting a high-profile application (mission critical, 24x7).
• Experience supporting both major capital projects, as well as maintenance efforts.
• Achievement oriented and self-motivated (a go-getter).
• Able to work independently but also knows when to ask for assistance.
• Able to multitask and manage time across multiple projects.
• Ability to provide second and third level application support and troubleshooting.
• Experience working in high-security, highly compliant/regulatory environments is a plus.
• Proficient in development of technical documentation, detailed design analysis, code reviews/walkthroughs.
• Willing to join the on-call rotation and support critical applications after-hours and on weekends.
• Advanced adherence to formal testing techniques/methodology, consistently delivering quality work product/deliverables; adherence to formal Change Management Policies
• Knowledge of SCADA systems is a plus.
• Bachelors preferred
• Discipline: Business, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, or related
• Support daily operations of diverse application portfolio of IT / OT applications.
• Work on a team of IT professionals to support the full lifecycle delivery/implementation of multiple high-profile software projects across different platforms.
• Analyze and evaluate existing or developed company applications or systems and prepares documentation including detailed technical designs, system use cases, system flow charts, data models, screen mock ups, and system interface descriptions outlining systems capabilities and processes.
• Conduct detailed data analysis and produces system data mapping deliverables.
• Define project tasks and estimate level of effort to achieve project deliverables and goals.
• Contribute to and works to meet project schedules by providing accurate estimates of effort required for systems analyst deliverables, by also providing updates on project progress to team members, project management and project personnel, and by escalating issues that might affect project success to management.
• Interact regularly with Business customers, Business Analysts, other Systems Analysts, Architects, Developers, IT Infrastructure teams, and Software vendors to meet project objectives.
• Conduct system design and business information flow studies.
• Develop technical specifications, system use cases, and wireframes.
• Manage defects and enhancement requests; including analysis, working with a developer, testing/validating results, and coordinating implementation.
• Create and execute detailed test scripts.
• Conduct unit, system, and integration testing
• Provide root cause analysis of operational issues and application defects.
• Provide low level analysis and design for development and maintenance of supported applications.
• Analyze new requirements and identify solution alternatives and define detailed system modifications.
• Convert conceptual designs into technical solutions.
• Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
• Translate business and user requirements into accurate system design requirements and technical specifications addressing all applications tiers and external system interfaces.