[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Computer / Telecom Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
DescriptionAt Exelon, we've got a place for you!Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!Telecommuting is acceptable for this open positionPRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Cyber Security Engineer (CSE) will execute the highly technical, tactical elements of the Security Architects (and overall CISS) cyber security strategy, eliminating a functional cyber security capability gap while providing pro-active cyber security risk management. The CSE will act as a liaison to the Security Architect and Cloud and Infrastructure Operations/Engineering and Utility IT/OT teams to effectively communicate and assist in architecting and implementing effective security solutions. The CSE will also assist with vulnerability mitigation, incident remediation, and will help manage change requests in support of cyber vulnerability remediation efforts. The CSE will ensure the implementation of system security measures in accordance with established procedures to ensure confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation, and will perform security reviews to identify gaps in security architecture. The CSE will assist in the development of appropriate security risk management plans.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Provide analytical and technical security recommendations to other team members, technical teams, and business clients, including:- Provide cybersecurity guidance to leadership
- Work with stakeholders to resolve computer security incidents and vulnerability compliance
- Provide input to implementation plans and standard operating procedures as they relate to information systems security
- Develop specific cybersecurity countermeasures and risk mitigation strategies for systems and/or applicationsWork closely with technical teams to implement effective security configurations/requirements, including:
- Verify minimum security requirements are in place for all applications
- Ensure application of security patches for commercial/custom products integrated into system design
- Implement security measures to resolve vulnerabilities, mitigate risks, and recommend security changes to system or system components as needed
- Mitigate/correct security deficiencies identified during security/certification testing and/or recommend risk acceptance for the appropriate senior leadership
- Verify and update security documentation reflecting the application/system security design features
- Verify minimum security requirements are in place for all applicationsWork closely with the Vulnerability Management and application teams to ensure secure transition of applications into production.Assist with vulnerability mitigation, incident remediation, and associated change management activities.POSITION SCOPE:
The Cyber Security Engineer (CSE) will work closely (and primarily) with Cloud and Infrastructure Operations/Engineering and Utility IT OT clients to implement effective security configurations and requirements; provide analytical and technical security recommendations to other team members, technical teams, and business clients; act as a senior technical lead for all Exelon security remediation efforts; meet with Exelon business clients and management to help specify and negotiate application security requirements; work closely with Exelon application teams to ensure secure transition of applications into production; develop technology to automate cyber security monitoring, logging, and compliance with CISS standards; actively participate in relevant industry cyber security workgroups and forums; act as a liaison to the Security Architect and Cloud and Infrastructure Operations/Engineering and Utility IT/OT teams to effectively communicate and assist in architecting and implementing effective security solutions; develop documentation to support ongoing security systems operations, maintenance, and problem resolution; mitigate vulnerabilities, remediate incidents, and affect change requests in support of cyber vulnerability remediation efforts; work closely with the Security Policy and Risk Office to assist with the identification, analysis, and remediation of Exelon cyber security risk.
QualificationsPOSITION SPECIFICATIONS:- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), or a related discipline, and typically 5 or more years of solid, diverse experience in cyber security vulnerability assessments, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
At least 5-8 years of demonstrable security engineering or related experience, including:
- Knowledge of encryption algorithms
- Knowledge of cryptology
- Knowledge of database systems
- Knowledge of embedded systems
- Knowledge of how system components are installed, integrated, and optimized
- Knowledge of human-computer interaction principles
- Knowledge of cybersecurity principles and organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation)
- Knowledge of operating systems
- Knowledge of IT and OT security principles and methods, such as firewalls, demilitarized zones, and encryption
- Skill in evaluating the adequacy of security designs
- Knowledge of the systems engineering process
- Knowledge of network access, identity, and access management
- Comprehensive understanding of change management techniques associated with new technology implementation.
- Demonstrated experience producing an economic business case.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and consulting skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to work effectively with all levels of IT/OT and business management.Preferred:
- Graduate degree in cyber security or related area of expertise.
- Relevant security certifications (CISSP, GIAC, MCSE, RHCE, CCNP, CCSP)Demonstrable, hands-on expertise in the following technical disciplines:
- Operating Systems (Microsoft, Linux, UNIX)
- Networking (Cisco, Checkpoint, Alcatel Lucent, Gigamon, RuggedCom)
- Mobility (IOS, Android, MDM, BYOD)
- Cryptography (PKI, lifecycle management, symmetric)
- Network Security Engineering (secure network design, IDS/IPS, monitoring, firewalls)
- Virtualization (VMware, HyperV)
- Remote Access Methods (VPN, Citrix, MFA)
- ICS / SCADA System Security (design, controls)
- Demonstrable understanding of the 10 functional domains of security
- A strong technical understanding of scripting languages (Perl, Powershell), as well as strong proficiency in Python, Ruby, or Java
- Demonstrable experience with Industrial Control Systems, SCADA environments, and utility methods and practices for operational technologies and service delivery
- Strong understanding of enterprise, network, system, and application level security engineering principles
- Demonstrable understanding of enterprise computing environments, distributed applications, and a strong understanding of TCP/IP networks
- Demonstrable understanding of system hardening processes, tools, guidelines, and benchmarksExelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster