[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Computer / Telecom Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The Telecommunications Lineman Installer & Repairer is responsible for installing, operating, maintaining, inspecting, and repairing lines. The Telecommunications Lineman Installer & Repairer is responsible for performing skilled tasks in accordance with standard industry practices in the construction, maintenance, and operation of underground and overhead telecommunications.
These duties can be performed with or without accommodation:
• Accesses specific areas to string lines and install terminal boxes, auxiliary equipment, and appliances, using bucket trucks, or by climbing poles and ladders or entering tunnels, trenches, or crawl spaces.
• Inspects and test lines and cables, recording and analyzing test results, to assess transmission characteristics and locate faults and malfunctions.
• Installs equipment such as amplifiers and repeaters to maintain the strength of communications transmissions.
• Lays underground cable directly in trenches, or string it through conduits running through trenches.
Measure signal strength at utility poles, using electronic test equipment.
• Places insulation over conductors, and seal splices with moisture-proof covering.
• Pulls up cable by hand from large reels mounted on trucks; then pull lines through ducts by hand or with winches.
• Sets up service for customers, installing, connecting, testing, and adjusting equipment.
• Splices cables, using hand tools, epoxy, or mechanical equipment.
• Responsible for string cables between structures and lines from poles, towers, or trenches and pulls lines to proper tension.
• Travels to customers' premises to install, maintain, and repair audio and visual electronic reception equipment and accessories.
• Uses a variety of construction equipment to complete installations, including digger derricks, trenchers, and cable plows.
• Cleans and maintains tools and test equipment.
• Computes impedance of wires from poles to houses to determine additional resistance needed for reducing signals to desired levels.
• Digs holes for power poles, using power augers or shovels, sets poles in place with cranes, and hoist poles upright, using winches.
• Digs trenches for underground wires and cables.
• Explains cable service to subscribers after installation and collects any installation fees that are due.
• Fills and tamp sholes, using cement, earth, and tamping devices.
• Participates in the construction and removal of telecommunication towers and associated support structures.
• Travels to client site as need, approximately 25% travel mostly within the state of New York. Percentage of travel may vary based on client needs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or GED required. Associates Degree in related field preferred.
• Knowledge in Microwave, SCADA communications, Cellular, Broadband Industries, preferred.
• Experience with IBEW preferred.
• CPR/AED and Certification preferred; if not certified, Council Rock will provide certification training at time of hire.
• OSHA-10 certification preferred; if not certified, Council Rock will provide certification training at time of hire.