[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Computer / Telecom Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Entry Level GIS Technician I - Akron, Ohio 44333
Top Required Skills
1) Ability to learn quickly
2) Ability to work independently
3) Attention to detail and focus on accuracy
4) Ability and willingness to learn something new
High Level Project Overview:
This is a great entry level position to learn more about GIS systems and the natural gas industry.
We work on many different projects, including making maps, mapping a subset of our natural gas system, and ensuring that data is captured correctly.
• Computer Science, Drafting & Design, Engineering Technology, Geography, CAD type drawing skills
• Good computer skills and proficiency working in various software applications such as Microsoft Suite
• Problem resolution
• Ability to address multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to handle changing and emerging priorities
• Interpersonal; customer service; verbal and written communication skills
Nice to Have Skills: This is an entry level GIS position.
• Some exposure or background to GIS systems is helpful.
• Most people have an ESRI background, but we are working on a different GIS platform and will need to teach most people in any case. Exposure and understanding of GIS systems is helpful.
• General knowledge of databases
Team works 7-3:30 Monday – Friday.[ If working remotely, will need access to a reliable WiFi network. We provide laptop and any other equipment needed, but contractor is responsible for WiFi connection.
COVID Remote Policy / COVID Schedule:
• Currently working in a hybrid environment, with partial remote and partial office time.
• If contractors are experiencing COVID symptoms or have tested positive, we are allowing remote working if they are able to do so.
• Contractors should be local to the home office.
Interested parties that meet or exceed the requested qualifications, please send a detailed resume and rate expectation to Laurie Beggs at LNB@BCPEngineers.com; ENR@BCPEngineers.com
**Members of the BCP Team have access to Group Health Insurance and 401k**