[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Computer / Telecom Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BHI Energy is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our client, a world leader in the design and manufacture of data networking components for aerospace, defense, space, and industrial applications.
- Product Specifications: Implement innovative approaches and develop clearly written design specifications that ensure Company products are designed to succeed in the market relative to their technical performance, feature set, cost and time to market goals.
- Architecture: Facilitate the design of complex products by leading and coordinating engineering teams of varied technical disciplines through clearly documented architectural level design documents. Lead the decision and tradeoff process for issues that cross hardware/software or other technical discipline boundaries.
- Design (and Develop): Perform original and innovative software design and distill large-scale designs into architectural elements that facilitate the division of design work to teams of two or more engineers.
- Planning: Develop plans, schedules, and identify resources required to develop products from market requirement through product release. Identify risk areas and develop contingency plans to eliminate or mitigate risk that could result in schedule delays or failure to meet specification or design plan requirements.
- Innovation: Conceive methods for achieving product requirements and specifications using appropriate software architecture and design techniques. Anticipate possible difficulties and develop alternate methods.
- Maintenance: Provide support for maintaining existing products by investigating and resolving defect reports, creating documentation, and creating and releasing new versions of software packages.
- Continuous Improvement: Take the initiative to research, develop, propose, evaluate and/or implement new methods, processes, techniques, tools, components, or technology that improve quality, timeliness and/or performance of Company's products or the efficiency or cost effectiveness of company's engineering work. Modify existing SOPs or create new SOPs to implement new processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent is highly desirable
- 5+ years of professional experience in Software Engineering (development methodologies, reusability, modularity, and maintainability)
- 3+ years of experience in design and development of embedded software in C/C++
- 3+ years of experience in developing applications and drivers in Linux and Windows
- Strong skills and experience in troubleshooting software/hardware issues using software and hardware tools
- Experience in communication protocols: CAN, RS-232/422/485, SPI, I2C, Ethernet, TCP/IP
- Experience in Power Control and Motor Control hardware/software is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of software configuration management (SCM)
- Experience with DO-178C is highly desirable
- Due to US export control laws, candidates must be US Citizens.