[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Computer / Telecom Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for an Oracle DBA with the following qualifications:
Applications DBA (APPSDBA) that has experience supporting the Oracle 19c database and the e-Business Suite R12.1.x (EBS) application, specifically the financials, procurement, and projects modules.
This person will work with the Information Technology e-Business Application Team, APPSDBAs, and Chief Financial Office (CFO) team by assisting with all the technical aspects of supporting and maintaining the database and application on a day to day basis. Important elements of this role include well-developed skills in Oracle database 19c administration, Oracle e-Business Suite 12.1.3, Weblogic, cloning, and strong SQL - PL/SQL skills.
This position requires an ability to perform incident / problem troubleshooting and resolution, tuning, maintenance, cloning, patching, and backup and recovery techniques as it relates to the database and the EBS application. This includes applying Oracle quarterly PSU patches and hardening the database, application, and servers to meet cyber security standards. Knowledge of Markview, security techniques, and advanced Oracle technologies (RMAN, OBIEE, data guard, database firewall, data masking, etc.) is a plus.
• Candidate will accept tasks given by team lead or designee
• Perform after hours patching, reboots, password changes, etc.
• Candidate will provide weekly status of tasks/activities to the team lead or designee.
• Candidate will create documentation on tasks/activities
• Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 8 years Oracle experience with strong knowledge and experience on e-Business Suite Application Release 12.1.x and database technology including patch management, parallel concurrent managers, RAC, WebLogic, DataGuard, ASM, OEM, and other Oracle products.
• Experience with Markview / Kofax, OBIEE is a plus.
• Solid understanding of Oracle Exadata computing infrastructure and grid infrastructure.
• Solid understanding of cyber security principles relating to hardening Oracle and SQLServer databases and Weblogic webserver technologies.
• Experience with data encryption, data security, PCI and SOX audit / compliance
• Expertise in installation, configuration, patch management, support, and upgrade of Oracle and SQLServer databases.
• Expertise in performance monitoring, instance tuning, and SQL tuning.
• Experience in hot/cold backup mechanisms using RMAN. Knowledge of Rubrik media management system is a plus.
• Must have working knowledge of SSO, OID, and Microsoft Active Directory
• Must have solid knowledge of hardening databases, security management, and security related products such as Database Firewall, Database Vault, and TDE.
• Experience evaluating and applying quarterly Oracle PSU patches.
• Pro-active management of production database systems and risk mitigation.
• Instance cloning (RAC, Non-RAC) and code migration processes.
• Experience with WebLogic.
• Excellent communication and analytical skills with a willingness to provide future direction and guidance on database technology deployment.
• Be able to co-ordinate with multiple development teams and multiple software vendors on issue resolution and planning.
• Must be able to do root cause analysis of problems and provide solutions.
• Experience with PeopleSoft, Maximo, and Sunflower Assets applications is a plus.
• DBA experience with Linux administration is a plus.
• DBA experience with Microsoft SQLServer is a plus
• Knowledge of Java, J2EE, Web Services (SOAP), HTML, XML, SSL is a plus.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
• Written communication skills including the ability to document functional and specifications, technical design documentation, test plans and training materials.
• Demonstrated leadership qualities and the ability to exercise a high degree of judgment and discretion.
• Ability to multi-task and to work effectively in an independent and dynamic environment while balancing and prioritizing a heavy workload.
Duration 3-6 months
Location: Remote position
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.