[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Computer / Telecom Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Senior Network Analyst – Richmond, VA, 23219
Pay Rate: Not Defined / need Candidate’s requested rate
Duration: Initially One Year (annual extensions likely)
This position will work on providing data network solutions for Dominion Energy’s portfolio of renewable generation facilities, including solar fields, renewable natural gas, battery storage solutions and one of the country’s largest offshore wind farms. Working fairly independently, this role performs complex planning, design and evaluation of data network systems. Develops standards that will be used to templatize site designs and configurations. Act as a point of escalation to resolve network production issues. Provides highly skilled technical assistance in network planning, engineering, and architecture. Interface with vendors to identify and purchase hardware and software. Is responsible for working with an individual business unit on multi-project assignments. Guides and advises less experienced Network Analysts. Monitored on project's progress and results. Errors may cause delay, expense and disruption. Travel may be required to install network equipment at various locations. This position requires an emphasis on greenfield network design knowledge and experience for large enterprise deployments.
Required Education and Certifications / Licenses:
Candidate should have a CCNP/CCDP certification or equivalent knowledge
Top “must have” / Required skill sets (technical/functional):
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco hardware and design standards for a large multi-state Enterprise design.
-Ability to independently design and engineer large and complex data networks supporting many locations and technologies
- 6 to 8 years’ experience with general networking knowledge, including routing, switching, and security.
- Knowledge of Cisco SDWAN solutions to design and support multiple deployments.
- Ability to create network designs/documents in Visio.
Top “nice to have” skill sets:
- Industrial Control System design and terminology, including SCADA and PI.
- DevOps and network automation and orchestration experience using various tools and languages such as Python, Chef, Ansible, Cisco DNAC.
Interested parties that meet or exceed the requested qualifications, please send a detailed resume and rate expectation to Laura Evertsen at LME@BCPEngineers.com
**Members of the BCP Team have access to Group Health Insurance and 401k**