[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Computer / Telecom Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Akima Infrastructure Services, LLC (AIS), is actively seeking Engineering, Professional, Technical, and administrative support personnel as part of our staff augmentation team supporting the Department of Energy at the Y12 National Security Complex located in Oak Ridge, Tennessee and the Pantex Plant located in Amarillo, Texas.
Successful candidates will be employees of AIS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance Y-12's core mission to ensure a safe, secure, and reliable U.S. nuclear deterrent, which is essential to national security. Though employed by AIS, the employee will take day-to-day direction and assignments from Y-12 staff employed directly by the security complex. Pay, benefits, Human Resources, and Employment Management functions are provided by AIS.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
Job Title: System Administrator – Pantex- Amarillo, TX
Work must be performed on the Pantex site. No telework. The Pantex 9/80 work schedule will be followed.
Candidate will be responsible for standing up a high-performance computing cluster at the Pantex Plant. This will include the installation of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system as well as the necessary networking required to have the system be accessible over the enterprise unclassified network. The operating system will need to meet the requirements included in the Baseline Risk Assessment. Once the operating system is installed, the candidate will install modeling and simulation software, including ALE3D and HOSS, then verify and validate the installation using known physics problems included in the software distribution.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• BA/BS degree plus minimum of two years of relevant professional experience required, or a master's degree.
• Experience should include Linux administration, network administration, cyber security, as well as enterprise architecture.
• This position may require the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance from the Department of Energy. If determined as such, this position would be identified as a Workplace Substance Abuse (WSAP) testing designated position. WSAP positions require participation in an ongoing random drug testing program in addition to the pre-employment drug screen.
• Pre-employment Drug Screen - external applicants selected for this position are required to successfully complete a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
• Medical Exam(s) - Job related pre-placement medical examinations may be required for this position.
• Active DOE Q clearance required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-353-7053 (information about job applications status is not available at this contract information).