[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Computer / Telecom Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for Sr Eng II-Stress & Support Engineering Supervisor NS&E opportunities for our customer in Richland, WA to support the Waste Treatment Plant at the Hanford Site.
Sr Eng II-Stress & Support Engineering Supervisor NS&E
Join us as we make history at the Hanford Vit Plant, known as the Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant. We are designing and building a one-of-a-kind facility that will turn radioactive and chemical waste left over from World War II and Cold War plutonium production into a form safe for disposal. Your efforts will help protect the nearby Columbia River and the communities, salmon, and wildlife along its shorelines throughout the Northwest.
Sitting at the confluence of the Columbia, Snake and Yakima rivers near two mountain ranges, our community provides access to year-round outdoor recreation, 300 days of sun a year, more than 200 wineries within a 50-mile radius, and the amenities of large cities just a three-hour drive (or short flight) to Seattle and Portland.
• Function as the Pipe Stress & Pipe Support Supervisor reporting to the Plant Design EGS.
• Provide supervision, administer and direct the work of engineers and designers both directly or through subordinates.
• Work includes the administration of drawings and associated calculations.
• Independently plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates detailed phases of engineering work within the stress and support group.
• Plans, coordinates and prepares pipe stress & support deliverables to support project piping isometric releases.
• Plans and coordinates independent work requiring judgment and experience in the application and substantial adaptation of engineering techniques.
• Assists with estimates staffing and schedule requirements for the group, monitors and controls actual performance during project execution.
• May conduct annual performance reviews with the discipline team to assess performance and identify development opportunities.
• The candidate should have an excellent understanding of all work processes involved within the Plant Design discipline.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 9 years of relevant experience.
• Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen, and background check.
• Past Supervision of a large piping stress group.
• Expert knowledge of ASME B31.3, AISC and other relevant industry piping codes and standards.
• Experience in Time-History analysis of piping.
• Proven supervisory experience in both Pipe Supports design & Pipe Stress analysis.
• Personnel administration including performance reviews.
• Previous Bechtel project experience.
• Previous DOE/DOD project experience.
• PE Registration
Candidates possess the right to work and remain in the US without sponsorship
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website: www.edgewatertech.net/careers
Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so. We look forward to hearing from you!
Salary is commensurate with education, experience and unique qualifications, and may range between $40 to $87 hourly.
Benefits may be structured to best suit your needs. We offer paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401 (k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning DAY 1
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Founded in 2003, Edgewater is a professional and technical services firm supporting the U.S. Department of Energy and the U.S., U.K., and Canadian Commercial Nuclear Industry, and private sector businesses involved in high-hazard or complex operations. Edgewater proudly offers expertise in numerous technical disciplines necessary to support operational environments where Integrated Safety Management and formal, disciplined operations are essential to ensure safety, quality, security, and regulatory compliance.
Edgewater is committed to recruiting and maintaining a staff of highly skilled professionals to support our customers. In keeping with this objective, we offer highly competitive salaries and employee benefit packages structured to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401 (k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
View all Edgewater opportunities at www.edgewatertech.net/careers