[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Computer / Telecom Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Akima Infrastructure Services, LLC (AIS), is actively seeking Engineering, Professional, Technical, and administrative support personnel as part of our staff augmentation team supporting the Department of Energy at the Y12 National Security Complex located in Oak Ridge, Tennessee and the Pantex Plant located in Amarillo, Texas.
Successful candidates will be employees of AIS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance Y-12's core mission to ensure a safe, secure, and reliable U.S. nuclear deterrent, which is essential to national security. Though employed by AIS, the employee will take day-to-day direction and assignments from Y-12 staff employed directly by the security complex. Pay, benefits, Human Resources, and Employment Management functions are provided by AIS.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
Job Title: Electrical or Computer Engineer
Electrical or Computer Engineer to join a team that is designing and developing advanced components, subsystems, and systems for national defense programs. This engineering team employs state-of-the-art technologies, including sophisticated software tools for design, analysis, modeling, and simulation. Responsibilities for electrical or computer engineers range from conceptual design, detailed hardware design (a combination of analog, digital, embedded firmware, schematic capture, board layout), detailed software design (instrument drivers, system integration, database design/interface, report generation, related software quality assurance documentation), analysis, overseeing fabrication of hardware, defining and executing qualification/testing plans, field support, project management support document generation and maintenance.
Designs and develops software applications used to automate complex instrumentation systems, perform calculations on and manipulate very large data sets, interface with databases, create user friendly operator interfaces, and consolidate results into legible reports.
Ideal subcontractor would also have some of the skills listed below:
• Circuit design and analysis
• Embedded system design and coding
• Radio Frequency (RF)
• Network Analyzers
• Programming - C, C#, C++, Labview
• National Instruments
• PCB Design
• Test Automation
• Commercial Equipment Integration
• Electronic Loads
• This position may require the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance from the Department of Energy. If determined as such, this position would be identified as a Workplace Substance Abuse (WSAP) testing designated position. WSAP positions require participation in an ongoing random drug testing program in addition to the pre-employment drug screen.
• Work experience of 3 to 7 years with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
• Pre-employment Drug Screen - external applicants selected for this position are required to successfully complete a post offer, pre-employment drug test.
• Medical Exam(s) - Job related pre-placement medical examinations may be required for this position.
Education and Requirements:
• B.S. Electrical or Computer Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
• DOE Q Clearance Required
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-353-7053 (information about job applications status is not available at this contract information).